cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngelicCore
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,892
Message 1 of 8

Difference between Yoga 900-13ISK and Yoga 900-13ISK2?

What are the differences, if any?

Also, is there a Lenovo application that detects the installed drivers and prompts me to download newer versions if available? I can't seem to find anything similar to the Lenovo Updater that I had on my Y-50.

Thanks

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 4,888
Message 2 of 8

Re: Difference between Yoga 900-13ISK and Yoga 900-13ISK2?

Good day.

The major differences I see, looking at: http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Lenovo_Yoga_900_13_inch are: the SK2 has Intel Iris HD 540 graphics, slightly different CPUs and PCIe SSDs.

Regarding driver updates, there's a feature in Lenovo Companion that assists with that.

Hope this helps clarify.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

AngelicCore
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,870
Message 3 of 8

Thanks sarbin.

So does that mean I can install most drivers that are designed for the non-Sk2 is they aren't available for the newer version?

Off topic, I noticed you have the X1 laptop..how does it compare to the yoga 900 in your opinion?
Highlighted
AngelicCore
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,865
Message 4 of 8

Btw, I tested the companion app..
Sadly it does not do anything useful.
This is a newly installed windows with only intel chipset installed along with Lenovo's utilities and service bridge.

Too my surprise it detected nothing:
There are no applicable updates available for your system. is all I get.

I guess I'll have to redownload my drivers manually and install them as always,

Was hoping for an intelligent app.
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 4,860
Message 5 of 8

I'd be cautious about trying to install ISK drivers on an ISK2. There may be just enough differences (subtle or otherwise) to create challenges. I would recommend that you bookmark the ISK2 support page and keep an eye open for drivers specific to the ISK2 machine. Note that there may always be a delay between when a driver update shows on the site and when Lenovo Companion offers it up.

Regarding my "X1", it's not the new X1 Yoga that was released near to CES in January.
I have a 3rd gen X1 Carbon (the newest is the 4th gen), and love it. It's actually not fair to compare ThinkPads and non-ThinkPads. For me, they serve different use cases. I'm a traditional clamshell laptop user and a longtime ThinkPad user/owner, so features like the TrackPoint pointing stick are a necessity. I also have a Yoga 900, but use it more as a media consumption device alongside my Carbon. The combo is very satisfying to me. That said, the Yoga 900 is an extremely capable device, with it's core i CPU, QHD+ IPS LCD and fast SSDs. It's beautifully designed.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

AngelicCore
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,813
Message 6 of 8

Yes, it did help, cheers Smiley Happy

I like the yoga 900 but it has just a couple of issues in my opinion so far

Extremely high dpi is somehow worse [at least on windows] - so far it eats the battery and most of the applications are either too small or have controls that have been cut off

2 - the battery is way too noisy - if it had been a bit silent it would be a killer - hear there is a bios fix somewhere.

Anyway, just getting these off my chest.

Thanks sarbin.
Parker1980
What's DOS?
Views: 4,177
Message 7 of 8

Thank for posting that comparison tool.  Can you assist the none component familiar.   What does that difference impact.   The devices are currently priced about $150 apart and I wanted to know am I going to regret not going with the lastest release.

NLatuny
What's DOS?
Views: 4,100
Message 8 of 8

Yes I'm in the process of buying a new laptop and I finally decided to go for the Lenovo Yoga 900 just to find out I have to choose again between 13ISK (80MK00CBMH) or 13ISK2 (80UE0084MH). The 13ISK is €100 more compare to the 13ISK2.

13ISK2

GPU: Intel Core i7-6560U 2,2GHz (max 3,2GHz)

Memory: DDR3L (SODIMM)

video chip: Intel Iris

Screencoating:  Shiny

13ISK (€100 more)

GPU: Intel Core i7-6500U 2,5GHz (max 3,1GHz)

Memory: DDR3 (SODIMM)

video chip:  Intel HD Graphics

Screencoating:  Matte

Why is the 13ISK €100 more? As the difference between them I could find and described above is in favor of the 13ISK2 right? Or is the screencoating that much of a difference in price?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors