Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ambigirl
Paper Tape
Views: 234
Message 1 of 5

Discoloration problem.

This is my second yoga 11s in five months... I returned the first one to Best Buy because, within days after i purchased it, i start to see brown, burnt like discoloration around the edges, back and front... they replaced it for me and called it color defect. Few weeks ago this same 'color defect' started to appear again on my new one... I really didn't want to believe it, since i am now almost two months into it, and got all my work on it. I didn't want to have to take it back to replace it again... So I was just praying and hoping it wouldn't get worse....but it did. Please help, my laptop looks like it's 20yrs old when it barely 3 months, with severe brown burnt like discoloration around the edges...back, front, left and right....Please help!

thatandyt
Punch Card
Views: 218
Message 2 of 5

Re: Discoloration problem.

Can you post photos of it?

ambigirl
Paper Tape
Views: 211
Message 3 of 5

I hope it's clear enough

Link to picture

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 195
Message 4 of 5

Is it warm around those areas? It looks like wire insulation after being too close to the soldering iron!

If you can, can you take another photo with a light shining on the area? The grain is making it difficult to see the difference in texture.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
ambigirl
Paper Tape
Views: 184
Message 5 of 5

The discloration is everywhere, all around the edges, (only)... bottom and top part of the computer.

My laptop stays in my office and has never been near any heat...the first one i returned was doing the same thing when i took it back within 10 days after i purchaesed it at BestBuy. 

I tried to get a better picture but it wouldnt let me upload it here, saying too large, so i had to crop it.... Any idea how to get rid of the discloration?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors