Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
serializable
Blue Screen Again
Views: 48,155
Message 1 of 13

Docking station for Yoga 13

Is there a compatible (preferably tested) docking station for the Yoga 13?

Also, what is the maximum resolution the video card will drive on an external monitor? Will it do WQHD (2560x1440)?

Thanks

serializable
Blue Screen Again
Views: 47,974
Message 2 of 13

Re: Docking station for Yoga 13

no replies...
So does that mean there isn't one?
that is a bit of a downer.
Also, with regards to the max. resolution, surely that is a much more important feature to document on a laptop's specifications page, unlike rubbish like "onekey recovery", or the fact that it comes preloaded with a lot of bloatware like Accuweather.
I assume that the lack of a display port will limit the direct connection to HDMI's maximum resolution of 1920x1200.
Thus, the question about docking stations (or other USB 3 gadgets) that can support a larger resolution.
Connectology
Paper Tape
Views: 47,953
Message 3 of 13

There are no official docks, as I'm sure you know.  Your only option would be some 3rd-party USB-based solution, which are all terrible, IMO.  Never seen one that interested me.  

sysboogie
What's DOS?
Views: 47,885
Message 4 of 13

Can anyone link to any possibly compatible 3d party docks?

Isn't any of the classic thinkpad stations compatible? Bit of a downer really considering many people would look at this as a workhorse and the tablet / keybord neither come with LAN port. Can't really on WiFi in office environments.

netscorer
Token Ring
Views: 47,862
Message 5 of 13

You should look for universal USB 3.0 Docking stations with Windows 8 compatibility. There are not many that exist. Toshiba (Toshiba Dynadock Universal USB 3.0 Docking Station) and Pluggable (Plugable UD-3000 USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station for Windows 8) both now claim Windows 8 compatibility but the experience may vary from laptop to laptop. I would strongly suggest buying from merchant with good return policy, so if you face issues you may return it back no questions asked.

Let us know your experience and good luck.

Connectology
Paper Tape
Views: 47,861
Message 6 of 13

If your primary concern is over wired Ethernet, get a USB adapter for that. They can be found nearly everywhere for less than $10. I own an IT company, providing outsourced IT services to local small businesses and the Yoga 13 is my primary machine. I use just such an adapter on a weekly basis.
tggriffin
Paper Tape
Views: 47,837
Message 7 of 13

I am using a USB 3.0 Docking station identical to the Plugable station in the link above. I could not connect to it at all until I followed the intel driver workaround documented by a couple users of the Plugable docking station in their Amazon reviews, but it connects after using that workaround. I drive two external monitors (using the Yoga on a monitor arm stand as a third monitor), an ethernet connection and various usb connections through the docks (one at home and one at the office). I am generally satisfied, although there is some flickering and occasional blackouts on the external monitors (resolved by moving the mouse or typing a letter) that I hope to see fixed in a driver update. To drive two external monitors, you need to connect one by DVI and another by HDMI, which in my case (because both my monitors require DVI input) required me to buy an additional (but inexpensive) hdmi to DVI cable. If I did not have to buy two of them, I might have considered the much more expensive Lenovo USB 3.0 Docking station (which has two DVI outputs), but I have not seen any reviews by a Yoga owner using one of those either.
3_D
Punch Card
Views: 47,824
Message 8 of 13

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 47,694
Message 9 of 13

@3_D...

Thanks for linking that thread.

It looks like this: http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?...

is the item being discussed.

Seems like it should work for the Yoga as all it needs is one connection via USB3.0 to the ultrabook. Hopefully, a member who has successfully implemented this will see this thread and be able to provide their insight and experience to benefit all.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1C3 X1T3 X1T2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

3_D
Punch Card
Views: 47,656
Message 10 of 13

Yes, that's the one. Here are some alternatives:

http://www.computerworld.com/slideshow/detail/70173#slide1

I like the Toshiba one.

Holiday Deals