cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What's DOS?
Views: 2,949
Message 11 of 13

Re: Docking station for Yoga 13

I was told that the Yoga 11.6 would work with the Lenovo 24 inch touch screen monitor and the USB 3.0 thinkpad dock. Well, the information from both the lenovo chat sales service and best buy was totally wrong, so I have spent close to $1,500 for a systems that doesn't work. In the meantime, tech support was pretty useless, so I'm probably going to return everything and look at other companies for a laptop that can be mated to a full size monitor. 

brettnyny
What's DOS?
Views: 2,761
Message 12 of 13

I've done a lot of reseasrch on the Toshiba Dynadock. Apparently there are a lot of bugs with it (and these were comments/reviews prior to Windows 8.1). Apparently you have to disconnect the thing every time you want to boot up your laptop. Also, installation seems a pain and you have to update drivers and such. I'm not that tech savvy so I'm reluctant to get this thing. I think netscorer gives good advice to only get from a place that will take it back.

ToddCT
Paper Tape
Views: 785
Message 13 of 13

So far excellent results with new usb-c Plugable UD-ULTCDL.  Docking station will not charge the laptop but that is becuase of how Lenovo designed the usb-c.  Setup includes laptop monitor, two external monitors using display port, multip usb hubs and devices including a scanner, KVM switch on one of the monitors, external HDD, and ethernet connected.  Installed plugable display port drivers from their site (they email you a link after ordering).  Everyhting else has been plug and play.  Long term use will tell everyhting but so far thrilled to be undoing an old desktop.  Nice to see on Plugable's website that they had tested the Yoga 900.  That was the selling point for me.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors