Options

599 Posts

05-24-2018

CA

1231 Signins

9100 Page Views

• Views: 9100
  • Message 1 of 3

Does AI Intelligent Cooling on C940 15" or 14" really work?

2019-12-07, 2:05 AM

Hi, does it really work well? Will it generate too many noise and/or shorter battery life?

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Does AI Intelligent Cooling on C940 15" or 14" really work?

2019-12-09, 15:15 PM

Hi 

The research and development to improve the cooling method on these thin laptops work as shown http://blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/is-your-laptop-cool-only-on-the-outside, The physical part is really obvious, but the Intelligent part is what keeps it apart from others as it changes other settings on the laptop. The increased RPM of the Fan when needed will definitely count for battery drain, but of course to a minimum because of the design. The fan design is "Purposedly Spaced" to reduce noise, but people have different level's of hearing to say that its noisy for them. 

I hope other users will post their personal experience for reference to other Community Members.

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

01-06-2020

MY

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Does AI Intelligent Cooling on C940 15" or 14" really work?

2020-01-19, 9:19 AM

To me, intelligent cooling is quite noisy. I am just doing very light work such as opening Google Chrome and Spotify and the fan will ramp up once it hits 50 degrees Celcius. Lenovo needs to deal with this issue ASAP cause I'm not the only who feels like this. Lenovo should provide the option to change the fan speed of the device on Lenovo Vantage and update the BIOS for this matter. It is so annoying dealing with this problem that can be simply fixed with a software update. SMH. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save