cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hostnik
Paper Tape
Views: 581
Message 1 of 5

Does lenovo yoga 900s (900s not 900) usb type c supports thunderbolt 3? Can I connect two displays?

There are very little documentation for a lenovo yoga 900s.

I would like to know if I can connect two displays to my lenovo yoga 900s over usb type c.

I am looking for a hub that will work on my device and will include at least one USB 2.0, 2x HDMI (one can be VGA) and an ethernet port. 

Can you recomend any?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 575
Message 2 of 5

Re: Does lenovo yoga 900s (900s not 900) usb type c supports thunderbolt 3? Can I connect two displa

Hello and welcome,

I can't answer your question directly  but looking at the base spec, the implication is USB-C but not Thunderbolt, single external display supported.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Lenovo%20Tablets%20_%20Convertibles/Lenovo%20Yoga%20900S%20(...

Hopefully someone who has tried this on an _S_ will join the conversation.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Guru
Views: 555
Message 3 of 5

Re: Does lenovo yoga 900s (900s not 900) usb type c supports thunderbolt 3? Can I connect two displa

Will both displays be showing the same content? If so, just buy an HDMI splitter and use whatever USB-C dock you like. Run as many displays as you want.  I've run my 910 into a 1X4 HDMI splitter so that the streaming program I pulled up on the laptop played all throughout the house. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Hostnik
Paper Tape
Views: 542
Message 4 of 5

Nope. 

I want to extend display - so different contents.

VasKar1
Paper Tape
Views: 116
Message 5 of 5

Hi, have you managed to find any solution that works to this? Have the same problem, can't find anything that is tested for the 900s, while Lenovo does not recommend anything from the their products.

Top Kudoed Authors