cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terrice
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,669
Message 1 of 4

Does the yoga 720 have an extra ram slot on the base model?

For quite a long time I've been planning to buy the Yoga 720. However, I don't have money to buy anything but the base model. Even though only 8gb of ram doesn't bother me too much at the moment, I would like to upgrade eventually down the line.

A sales representative has shown me the PSREF. Through checking there, I seem to find that the only models with an extra slot are the ones that come with 16gb of ram (8gb soldered and an extra slot filled with 8gb stick). Does that mean that the model: 80X7001WUS  has only 8gb soldered in without room for upgradeability?

Thanks for any information.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,661
Message 2 of 4

Re: Does the yoga 720 have an extra ram slot on the base model?

Hello and welcome,

If you scroll down the page you linked and expand specifications you'll find a link to the base spec.  The way I read it they all have a RAM slot which may or may not be occupied depending on specific MT-M.

That said, I have no personal experience with this model.  This is based on what I read below.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Lenovo%20Tablets%20_%20Convertibles/YOGA%20720%20(15_)/YOGA_...

"16GB max / 2133MHz DDR4, 8GB soldered to systemboard, one 260-pin SO-DIMM socket"

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Terrice
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,654
Message 3 of 4

Hmm, that's interesting, I bookmarked that. It was the sale representative that had me understand that if the model only says 8gb onboard then it doesn't have an extra ram slot.

Would you know if Lenovo usually does things like things? Is it possible they have different internals on different spec configurations?

Edit: By the way, if I contact their support, would they be able to answer such a question? Would they know if there is an extra ram slot?

Terrice
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,634
Message 4 of 4

I spoke with another sales representative, he told me that the model does come with an open ram slot you can add a stick to.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors