06-27-2013

United States

10 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 1 of 4

Does your Yoga have this issue, Chassis bent /bowed

2013-08-14, 21:07 PM

I currently have a 2 month old Yoga 11s.  I use it mostly as a tablet or in tent mode and its perfect for holding with one or two hands.  Yesterday at church I was taking notes on it with my trusty little stylus when I noticed the chassis has a bow in it. 

I have a simple theory as to why this is happening.  It comes from holding the yoga in Tablet form in portrait orientation.  There is a tiny gap caused by the hinge design and the feet of the laptop.  If you hold your hands in the middle of your tablet your squeezing the keyboard and screen together causing it to deform under its own weight.

I'm thinking of contacting yoga and asking to purchase two extra orange feet.  I want to know if placing them in the middle will cause the screen to stop flexing.    My greatest fear is that they are two thick and this idea won't work or I will have to sand them down a bit in order to keep the gap equal.

So I'm curious if I'm the only one has this issue?  Flip your yoga around or just take a simple ruler on the keyboard to see if yours is deformed.  I've noticed that this thing really flexes under any pressure. 

Options

1 Posts

03-27-2014

UK

1 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Does your Yoga have this issue, Chassis bent /bowed

2014-03-27, 15:09 PM
Yes. Yoga bought yesterday, and is clearly bent. No need for the ruler. I'm returning it this afternoon.
Options

21 Posts

09-06-2017

GR

64 Signins

619 Page Views

• Views: 619
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-10-28, 18:00 PM

Yes! I have the same with my Yoga 910. Still haven't had the time to send it to the service, but I will do it next week. Very disappointing!

If it is a design problem (so far I thought it was my problem only!) then we are entitled to an official solution by Lenovo.

Check my post here and the Lenovo reply

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Brand-new-Yoga-910-Problem-Not-resting-flat-on-a-surface/m-p/3796518#M55613

Options

3944 Posts

01-05-2008

DE

22058 Signins

316945 Page Views

• Views: 316945
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-10-27, 18:11 PM
Created a new thread

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Lenovo Yoga C930, ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T460s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save