Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joebz
Paper Tape
Views: 9,946
Message 1 of 9

Dolby Digital Plus Audio not working after Windows 10 Upgrade Yoga 11S

I have uninstalled the audio device and reinstalled and it still does not work.  The error messages says:

"The current Dolby Digital Plus audio driver verision is 7.6.4.9 and the software application expects driver version 7.3.2.2.  Please install a valid driver and software application combination. 

Any idea how this can be fixed? 

Thanks

cnfrisch
Punch Card
Views: 9,775
Message 2 of 9

Re: Dolby Digital Plus Audio not working after Windows 10 Upgrade Yoga 11S

Joebz
Paper Tape
Views: 9,759
Message 3 of 9

I did that and still have the same error.
cnfrisch
Punch Card
Views: 9,753
Message 4 of 9

Open Windows Device Manager, locate Sound, Video and Game Contollers, right-click on the audio device that is not functioning and select Uninstall. Now, restart your Yoga 11S.  Let us know if this procecure solved the problem.

Joebz
Paper Tape
Views: 9,739
Message 5 of 9

I uninstalled the Conexant Smart Audio HD device and restarted my computer.  It did not fix the problem.

When I try to start Dolby Digital Plus I get the following message:  The current Dolby Digital Plus audio driver version is 7.36.4.9 and the software application expects driver version 7.3.2.2.  Please install a valid driver and software application combination.

When I try to start Dolby Home Theater I get the following error message:  Unable to start the Dolby audio driver. Please restart the computer or reintall the driver if the problem persists.

I restart the my computer and it did not resolve the problem.

I reinstalled the Realtek Audio driver version 8.66.4.0 WHQ (2013).  When the computer restarted at the end of the install I got the following blue screen error message;  Driver IRQL not less than or equal to CHDRT.  (I missed a small part of the error message because the screen shut too quickly).

I reinstalled the Realtek Audio driver again and got the following blue scree error message:  Reference by pointer.

My problem remains unresolved and I get the same error messages when I try to start either Dolby program.

I do get sound out of my computer, but it is real tinny and there is very little bass.  When I attach some Bose speakers it still sound the bad..

What can I do to get the Dobly programs working so I can get decent sound out of my computer?

Thanks in advance 

cnfrisch
Punch Card
Views: 9,735
Message 6 of 9

In my Yoga 2 11 (running Windows 10), the Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater version is 7.6.5.1 which came from Windows Update.  Please go to Settings > Update & Security and click on Check for Updates and see if that version downloads and installs.

Also see: Dolby Home Theater does not work after Windows 10 upgrade

Joebz
Paper Tape
Views: 9,727
Message 7 of 9

Thanks but there was no upgrade from windows and the dolby link did not help.

It seems I need to get the correct driver for the Dolby products.  Does anyone know how to do this?

cnfrisch
Punch Card
Views: 9,722
Message 8 of 9

Available Windows 10 Drivers for the Yoga 11s are available here. Dolby support is available here.

Please make sure you download the correct bit version (i.e. 32 or 64 bit for Windows 10)

tibor777
Paper Tape
Views: 4,349
Message 9 of 9

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors