IT

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 2

Downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 Lenovo Yoga Pro 3

2016-12-14, 14:26 PM

Dear All,

I got a user who asked me to downgrade from Windows 10 to 7 on his yoga 3. 

I'm encountering a lot of problems since when I tried to start the windows 7 installation both from usb boot and CD, the system gives me an error regarding some driver missing.

I performed a low level format so the PC is clean. After some researches I understood that the problem could be related to the usb3.0 drivers that are missing on the win7 image. So I tried to upgrade the .wim with the DISM feature using the CMD.

This didn't work either. 

Honestly at this point I don't know how to proceed. I used both 2.0 and 3.0 bootable usb drives (with the driver update) and I tried with the Installation CD.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards,

Alessio

Options

917 Posts

07-05-2016

GB

1521 Signins

5917 Page Views

• Views: 5917
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 Lenovo Yoga Pro 3

2016-12-15, 12:32 PM

wrote:

Dear All,

I got a user who asked me to downgrade from Windows 10 to 7 on his yoga 3. 

I'm encountering a lot of problems since when I tried to start the windows 7 installation both from usb boot and CD, the system gives me an error regarding some driver missing.

I performed a low level format so the PC is clean. After some researches I understood that the problem could be related to the usb3.0 drivers that are missing on the win7 image. So I tried to upgrade the .wim with the DISM feature using the CMD.

This didn't work either. 

Honestly at this point I don't know how to proceed. I used both 2.0 and 3.0 bootable usb drives (with the driver update) and I tried with the Installation CD.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards,

Alessio

Hi Alessio,

Unfortunately the Yoga 3 Pro is not compatible with Windows 7.

Hope this help you and let us know how you get on

=====================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete