cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 265
Message 1 of 5

Download speeds - not good on Lenovo Yoga 700!

Getting horrible download speeds with this Lenovo Yoga 700 laptop.

anywhere from 4 to  7 Mbps.. that is awful.  My other pc gets over 50Mbps.  I am supposed to get 50/50 down and up from Verizon Fios.  I dont get that when i use this Lenovo product.  Anyone have any suggestions??  This is not performing the way it should Lenovo.  Old pc works much faster.  What is slowing this machine down???

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 234
Message 2 of 5

Re: Download speeds - not good on Lenovo Yoga 700!

I am going to presume you are having WiFi issues, and not problems connecting via Ethernet.

First make sure to update your particular model of Yoga 700's device drivers from http://support.lenovo.com, especially the network, bluetooth, power management and chipset drivers.

If the slowness persists, try changing the Power Option settings for the WiFi Adapter on your Yoga

Change Advanced Power options for WiFi Adapter

• Click on Start >> Run and type:  powercfg.cpl   or open "Power Options" via the Control Panel
  • Click on Change Plan settings for your currently selected Power Plan
  • From the "Edit Plan Settings" window, select Change advanced power settings
  • From the "Advanced Settings" window, click on the + to open Wireless Adapter Settings and then Power Saving Mode
  • Change the Setting for both "On Battery" and "Plugged in" to Maximum Performance

If the sill is not resolved, or you find that the WiFi is not working upon your laptop resuming from sleep, the following steps may help.    Note that making the change below can affect battery life somewhat, so I would change only if needed.

Disable Power Management for WiFi in Device Manager

• Right Click on Start and select Device Manager
  • Click on the > to expand Network Adapters
  • Right click on your WiFi Adapter and select Properties  (Atheros I believe)
  • Select the Power Management tab and uncheck the box for " Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

If you are still having issues, you might try restarting your WiFi router.

Good Luck,

gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 221
Message 3 of 5

Yes.. I am on wifi.

If anything shows up in that Drives and Downloads list, then that means i need to download it or that i don't have the latest driver, correct?

I see Windows 10 updates for bluetooth, power management, and chipset drivers, but I don't see anything for the network. What is the network update called?  Should i download all the updates for windows 10 drivers?  or just the ones having to do with btooth, power mgmt, and chipset.   What does the Add button do there?

ok, i downloaded the chipset update and then did a speed test..   4.38 down and 115.5 up  (Mbps)  ..still terrible download ..should be over 50Mbps. i will download the bluetooth update next.

i downloaded the bluetooth update and ran the verizon speed test..  4.74 down and 48.29 up.  Not what i am looking for there.  what is the network driver update called??  Looks like these driver updates didnt help.

Also, on my older Dell Latitude laptop, the download speeds are over 50Mbps on same router so do i still need to restart the router?

I downloaded the power management update and the wwet020e.exe didnt really seem to install anything when i ran through that process. i didnt see a green bar go accross, but i guess it worked. i did it twice to make sure..same thing the second time.  4.77 Mbps on the download speeds after that.  So none of this has fixed the issue.

Update... ok i found the networking update WLAN... and downloaded that and installed..

the speedtest resulted in a 5.26 Mbps download speed.  Still wayyyy under 50Mbps that i am supposed to get from verizon Fios.

update.. I looked at the wireless adapter settings in power saving mode and it was already set to max performance when plugged in and it has been plugged in for all these speed tests.  running on battery it is set to medium performance.  Anyway, with max performance the download speeds are terrible.  Any other ideas?

I also tried a router reset and that didnt help and verizon did a speed optimization and that did nothing.

Tonight i had to restart the pc to get the internet to work. It was really dragging. My Dell is fine. This lenovo is not.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Guess i will b getting 5Mbps downloads and shoddy internet reliability until then.

gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 185
Message 4 of 5

Hey, where did you go? Hope you return.  This is still unresolved.

gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 150
Message 5 of 5

i entered a new post. No one answering this.  Need help with this lenovo.  It ignores power settings and internet doesnt work at times... but no issues with any of my other devices  (1 other laptop and a tablet and 2 phones).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors