Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juniorgolf18
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,789
Message 1 of 3

Dual Monitor Setup

I'm wanting to setup 2 external Dual Monitors.  All the ports on this 720 series are the thunderbolt. I've got an adapter that adds multiple usb's but I need to do multiple HDMI  connections...   What do I need?  I need to extend displays, not duplicate them.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,773
Message 2 of 3

Re: Dual Monitor Setup

Hey there, juniorgolf18!

Welcome to the Lenovo Community group! 

If you are using a Lenovo Yoga 720-15IKB laptop, it only comes with a 1 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 2 Thunderbolt port and you can connect 1 external monitor. Check the full specs here https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Lenovo_Tablets_and_Convertibles/YOGA_720_15?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x.... You may need to use a docking station that can accommodate 2 external monitors. 

Regards!  

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

juniorgolf18
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,762
Message 3 of 3

Re: Dual Monitor Setup

I have the 720 13". I have one external setup now working fine through a lenovo adapter that has 3 usb 3.0 ports and a usb-c and one hdmi port. My monitor now is connected to the hdmi port.  I've read so much about how you can't make 2 monitors work causd the thunderbolt 3 only supports 1 , but i'm wondering if I can hook up a 2nd monitor via one of the available usb 3.0 ports on this adapter and it will recognize it and I can extend it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors