Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
quixotic
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 1 of 1

ELAN UltraNav Driver 10 - Trackpad stopped working

I did a search to see if this was already posted but didn't find it.  So, here's my story.

I have a P40 Yoga that's about a year old.  A couple of weeks ago, I received a pop-up from Lenovo Vantage saying there was a system update.  Like a good user, I said OK.  I didn't notice it right away (because I use an external mouse) but the trackpad, left/right click buttons and the "trackpoint" center button all stopped working.  I did a lot of searching to see if there was a resolution but couldn't find one.

Eventually, I went into Control Panel | Device Manager | Mice and other pointing devices | ELAN pointing device | Driver and saw that there was a recent update.  Fortunatly, there was a "Roll Back Driver" option which I figured couldn't hurt anything.  After a reboot, the driver is back to one dated 2/13/2017 version 11.21.9.3.  All mouse accoutrements are once again working.

What prompted me to post today is that the Lenovo Vantage pop-up appeared again telling me there's an update and it wants to put the bad driver back. Irconically, the pop-up says:

"Lenovo recommends that you install these updates to optimize your computer"

Yah, right!  Now I'm sceptical about ever doing another update.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors