cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xtj
Paper Tape
Views: 749
Message 1 of 4

Embedded UEFI Diagnostic on Lenovo YOGA 300-11IBY ??

Hi Guys,

i want to know, if this device has an embedded UEFI Diagnostic. If so, could you please explain how to enter?

If not, could anbody please explain how to boot correctly from a self created usb stick from that link?

http://support.lenovo.com/de/de/downloads/ds030861

I tried for 1 hour all different options, and combinations but i still cant boot the diagnostic efi.

(set admin/userpw, disabled secure boot, changed boot mode to legacy, disabled OS Optimized Defaults) 

When i boot the stick from boot menue as efi -> has been blocked by the current security policy.

When i boot the stick via bootmenue as legacy -> stick is flashing but win still boots)

Tried different sticks and usb ports (2 and 3)

And another questions... Is there really no button to use at startup to enter bios/boot options etc so i have to use the tiny hole with a needle to enter the tiny startupmenue?

Thanks for your help guys.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 728
Message 2 of 4

Re: Embedded UEFI Diagnostic on Lenovo YOGA 300-11IBY ??

Your first case - boot in UEFI mode - sounds like you need to turn off secure boot.

Have you tried that?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

xtj
Paper Tape
Views: 718
Message 3 of 4

Yes i tried that, like i already wrote.

The importants question was "Is there an embedded Diagnostic???" If yes, my second questions isnt important anymore...

Maybe someone could help...

Or could i only use the Solution Center for HW Checkup?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 695
Message 4 of 4

Sorry, I missed that.  I read a lot of posts every day, and it happens...

Nonetheless, that's the implication of the error you quoted.  Is secure boot the only thing you toggled at the time: BIOS restored to OS-optimized defaults, secure boot off?

I can't answer you main question. I don't have a similar machine.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors