Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unsram
Paper Tape
Views: 458
Message 1 of 5

Erratic Touchpad/Mouse

I got the computer in November 2015. I have been using an external mouse since then. Over the past few weeks, I have had constant touchpad/mouse issues with it acting erratic and clicking around automatically without my intervention. It keeps clicking on things randomly and I am just unable to control it. I have to restart the laptop with great difficulty and many time i am not able to save the work done. It happens once or twice a day (I use laptop for more than 10 hours).

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 453
Message 2 of 5

Re: Erratic Touchpad/Mouse

Hi unsram,

Welcome to Lenovo Community.

Just so the helpers can assist you better, which Yoga model do you have?  Which operating system? You mention that you have been using an external mouse. Have you tried using a different external mouse - just to rule out whether or not the problem is the mouse that you have been using. They do wear out.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

unsram
Paper Tape
Views: 436
Message 3 of 5

Hi

I have the Yoga 3.14 model with Windows 10.

I have not tried with another external mouse, but will do it now.

As mentioned in my post, the erratic behaviour is very unpredictable and hence will have to see for a day with the new mouse.

Cheers

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 424
Message 4 of 5

This was a Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8/8.1? Did the problem start after the 10 upgrade?
When the new mouse is plugged in, Windows usually installs the drivers automatically, so let it do that.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

unsram
Paper Tape
Views: 399
Message 5 of 5

Windows 10 came along with the Laptop and not installed later

Cheers

Top Kudoed Authors