Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hegoce
Punch Card
Views: 5,865
Message 1 of 13

Error installing Intel Graphics driver

Hi! I'm trying to update intel graphic card driver. When I run the installer this is the error message:

error.pngError

I'm downloading the driver update from the support lenovo page. I've succesfully updated NVidia driver from the same site. In support page, I used Lenovo Bridge to detect my computer, so it must be compatible. My computer is a Lenovo Yoga 700-14ISK model 80QD.

Thanks for helping me!

Dilbertnomore
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,805
Message 2 of 13

Re: Error installing Intel Graphics driver

I have the same issue with my Yoga 900. Exact same error message. Rather disappointing.

Guru
Views: 5,798
Message 3 of 13

Yoga 700 Intel video driver- http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-700-14isk/downloads/D...

Yoga 900 (I have the Yoga 900, this worked for me)- http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-900-13isk/downloads/D...

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

hegoce
Punch Card
Views: 5,785
Message 4 of 13

Thanks, but I have the same error message.

Could the problem be because I did a clean install?

Thanks!

kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 5,779
Message 5 of 13

I have a yoga 900 (isk2) and I have the exact same issue

P.S.: I did a windows 10 reset (if that matters)

Dilbertnomore
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,777
Message 6 of 13

EricX, appreciate your engagement in this. Your Yoga 900 link to the update is just the one I tried, and failed, on several occasions, to install. Must be something else that is causing the problem.

As mentioned by a couple of others, I, too, did a clean reinstall of Windows 10. Perhaps the answer lies there. I may just have to break down and call Lenovo Support. After my last few experiences, I'd rather have a colonoscopy!

Guru
Views: 5,768
Message 7 of 13

You might want to try this one direct from Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8...

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Dilbertnomore
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,763
Message 8 of 13

I downloaded Intel's Graphic Driver update to Version 15.40.25.4464 (64-bit - .exe), as you suggested. Got the same error result:

Capture.PNG"not validated for this computer" seems to be a show-stopper. Any way to get around that?

Guru
Views: 5,772
Message 9 of 13

Here's some instructions that might bypass that: 

• Download the ZIP version of driver package.
  • Extract the zip file somewhere easy to find, e.g your "Desktop".

• Go to Device Manager
  • In "Display Adapters" find "Intel(R) HD Graphics"
  • Right click on it and go to "Properties"
    Now new window should appear.

• Click "Driver" tab
  • Then click "Update Driver..." button.
    A new window will appear.

• Now click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
  • It's will show you next page.
    WARNING: DO NOT click on "Browse" here! Ignore this form!

• Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
  • In this window click on "Have Disk..." button.
    A window pop's up to find the driver

• Navigate to the extracted driver folder
  • Go to the "Graphics" sub-folder
  • Click on the igdlh64.inf (or igdlh32.inf if you have 32-bit OS)
    It's should gone back to last window with only one driver to choose from
    WARNING: Name of INF file might be different!

• Select that only driver and click "Next.."
    Done

• If system offer to restart your PC I recommend to do that.

Regards,
Eric Xu

hegoce
Punch Card
Views: 5,749
Message 10 of 13

Thanks for your answer. It worked! But I've done one thing different. I've downloaded the driver from the lenovo support page, used the extractor, but instead of run at the driver setup at the end of the extract, I've followed your instructions, and now I have the latest lenovo drivers.

Thanks for help me!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors