Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-21-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Error message operating system did not shutdown cleanly

2021-04-27, 5:33 AM

Hi...

I desperately need help!! This laptop is my life line as I work from it. I bought a Lenovo yoga C740-15iml laptop and from the time it was unpacked I've had nothing but problems.  First issue,  the screen would just freeze up and left me no choice but to manually shut it down. Now it is showing an error screen:

The operating system did not shutdown cleanly.  Reconstructing Cache Metadata. Please do not interrupt this process.

It use to go thru this fairly quickly to windows but now it is literally taking hours and right now I'm not sure if it's going to get to windows screen or not.  Please help!

Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

326 Signins

14351 Page Views

• Views: 14351
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Error message operating system did not shutdown cleanly

2021-04-27, 9:49 AM

Hi Veriterri,

Welcome to the Community Forums

Try the following:

BIOS Load Default Settings:

- From Windows:

- Select the Start button, then choose Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware settings
:or:
- Press the power button to completely shut down the unit.
- Press the Novo Button - The button can be reached/clicked by an unfolded paperclip or similar.
- Choose the BIOS setup.
- If you do not have a Novo Button, then repeatedly pressing F1 of F2 or Shift + Power button (FN+F1 or F2) on startup will take you to the BIOS.
- Navigate to the EXIT tab
- Press "Load Default Settings"
- Save & Exit changes

- If the issue persists continue below:

Run a Hardware Diagnostic from the Support Site. 

Just plot in the serial number of the device, click the search icon and select your device, then click on 'Diagnostic' and run a "Simple Scan" and check for tools to run a Operating System Scan.  If you get any errors not them down, then contact support. 

Depending on the Warranty of the device, I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) or a certified technician center to see what can be done. Forward them any error codes from the diagnostic you did. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician.

If the device is within the return policy from where you bought it from, then I'd have a talk with them as well for a possible solution/refund/replacement.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

3 Posts

11-21-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-27, 13:06 PM

Hi Vioths

Thank you for the info.  I tried to take the lap top back for exchange however the manager at Best Buy would not exchange it and I had my receipt! Needless to say he got a bad review.  I'll try your suggestions. 

Thanks again!

Options

4 Posts

07-19-2018

Chile

3 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-08-16, 17:17 PM

Pudo resolver su problema teng el mismo error pero no carga Windows

Was able to solve your problem I got the same error but Windows won't load

Lenoco IdeaPad300s

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms