Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaitlynn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,040
Message 1 of 7

European Charger for Yoga 2 11?

I emailed the customer service at Lenovo about this months back and never heard anything. 

Does anyone know if there is a European (UK specifically) charger for the Lenovo Yoga 2 11? Or a converter out there I can use to charge it?

All the power adapters I have found specifically say not to use them with laptops. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Kaitlynn

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,014
Message 2 of 7

Re: European Charger for Yoga 2 11?

Hi Kaitlynn and welcome to the community,

I have a Yoga 900 that came with a UK adapter and I've been using it with a UK to US adapter without any ill effects.  I believe you could go the other way with a US to UK adapter.

I would think that Lenovo UK would have the proper adapter but you would probably have to get it from Lenovo UK, I doubt that Lenovo Service in US would have it.

Dave

DSC02150a.jpg 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Kaitlynn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,011
Message 3 of 7

Thank you! I'll have a look over on their site (why that never occured to me, I have no idea). 

As long as I can get it -somewhere-, its better than going with out. 

Thanks again!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 992
Message 4 of 7

Here's one at Amazon that says that it fits a Yoga 11, but there is a verified review that says it fits a Yoga 2 13.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Models-Laptop-Adapter-Charger/dp/B00HW05FFQ/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 991
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

As Dave said you should be able to use a simple plug adapter.

As long as your existing power adapter is universal voltage (50-60Hz and 100-240VAC probably) you don't need a new power brick or wall wart.  Just a simple mechanical adapter will do.

You could also purchase an entire assembly with a UK power cord - or just purchase the UK power cord if you have a "brick" with a removable cord - but that shouldn't be necessary.

You can find the plug adapters in many locations.  My local hardware store has them.  Here's one example (of many) at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SCSV2U?psc=1

UStoUKPlugAdapter.jpg

[edit] the previous link I posted was for an ungrounded US (2 prong) plug.  Since yours may be 2 or 3 prong, something like this is a better choice. 

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Kaitlynn
Paper Tape
Views: 974
Message 6 of 7

Thank you! 

I'm glad to know this at least exists. Got a bit to decide if I'll buy it though.

Thanks again!

Kaitlynn
Paper Tape
Views: 971
Message 7 of 7

My only qualm with these is many seem to not cover the 3-prong design (this one seems to though).  While my current one would technically work, I'm leary of leaving the ground exposed while its plugged into the adaptor. 

Another great option though. 

Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors