IN

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 11

Extend Warranty

2020-07-15, 12:20 PM

Dear All,

I purchased my laptop in the US last year (Laptop is still in Warranty). I want to extend the warranty with coverage in India. Given the current scenario, I don't expect to travel to the US anytime soon. Hence want coverage in India. I am trying to reach Lenovo for the past 20 days but no luck. Seems Lenovo is not interested in extending the warranty for the laptops any longer. 

What to do. Please help

Regards,

Ankit

Options

9044 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32579 Signins

1204220 Page Views

• Views: 1204220
  • Message 2 of 11

Re:Extend Warranty

2020-07-15, 13:37 PM

Hello and welcome to Community,

You won't be able to purchase a warranty extension online because you will be defaulted to the US site where the system originates from. You only real option is to visit a reseller in your area and purchase a warranty upgrade from them. Tip: Ensure your system does have warranty entitlement in India, some systems purchased in the US don't.
support.lenovo.com/iwslookup

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

07-15-2020

IN

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 3 of 11

2020-07-15, 14:03 PM

Please advise some authorised reseller whom I can contact in India for warranty coverage.

Options

9044 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32579 Signins

1204220 Page Views

• Message 4 of 11

2020-07-16, 9:47 AM

Hello,

Visit the home page for your country, www.lenovo.com, scroll down and expand the Resources menu and select Find a Dealer.

Andy

Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

07-18-2020

US

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 5 of 11

2020-07-18, 8:51 AM

I have a similar question about extending my warranty on my new 2020 ThinkPad E15.  I purchased new on Amazon.com this month and registered it on Lenovo.com.  When I go to extend the warranty, I get the message: "Since your machine was purchased in Canada, we are forwarding you to the Canada Warranty Upgrade page."  I reside in the USA.  While it appears that I am able to extend the warranty on the Canada Warranty Upgrade page, not clear if the extended warranty coverage is valid in the USA.  Please advise.  Thank you, Glen    

Options

9044 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32579 Signins

1204220 Page Views

• Message 6 of 11

2020-07-20, 10:16 AM

Hello and welcome to Community,

Yes the warranty will be valid, to see the countries where your warranty is valid please visit the IWS site. http://support.lenovo.com/iwslookup

Andy

Lenovo eServices

Options

2 Posts

08-17-2020

CA

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 7 of 11

extended warranty canadian problems

2020-08-17, 20:06 PM

im trying to buy Extended Warranty for my brand new ideapad flex 5 , but when i go to your web site to buy it, when i put my serial number they refer me to the usa web site when i enter a canadian adresse it is not working to register.. so i call your phone line at 1-855-253-6686 i talk to 3 different peoples and they referered me to another phone number 877 453 6686...then nobody seem to be able to do the geography location change for this unit... i bought the unit here in canada but they said it is a usa serial number..i bought it from microsoft store canada not usa.. ideapad flex 5 , 3 weeks ago

Options

2 Posts

07-18-2020

US

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 8 of 11

2020-08-19, 1:41 AM

Andy, 

I appreciate your reply.  And I have had no luck upgrading my warranty.  

Again, I purchased my Lenovo E15 (Type 20RD, 20RE) Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20RD on Amazon.com on 07/07/2020.   I registered the laptop with Lenovo and have been trying to upgrade the warranty since that time.  When I attempt to upgrade the warranty on the Lenovo site, I get the message: "Since your machine was purchased in Canada, we are forwarding you to the Canada Warranty Upgrade page."  I reside in the USA - not in Canada.  I do see that "International Warranty Service (IWS) enables customers who travel with, or relocate any IWS-eligible Lenovo machine type to receive warranty service in any country where their machine type is announced and sold and supported by Lenovo or a Lenovo authorized reseller under Lenovo Limited Warranty and/or the destination country Warranty Services Agreement."  But I have not relocated and I would like to upgrade the warranty in the USA.    

When I sent an email, I received the reply:  "You will need to contact our sales team for further assistance on your issue, they can be reached at 855-253-6686. Here's the link to their chat https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/contact."  

I have made several attempts to contact Sales Customer Support.  Today I was on hold for 1 hr and 20 mins, and then was disconnected by the agent.  Extremely frustrating as you can imagine.  

Please let me know how you would solve this issue.  

Appreciate your thoughts - thank you, Glen Levy

Admin note: serial number removed to prevent potential abuse

Options

4 Posts

05-01-2018

US

3 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 9 of 11

Re:extended warranty canadian problems

2020-08-19, 22:17 PM

My wife and I have been using Lenovo products for over two decades, since we first bought a Thinkpad when living in Asia. We've lived in many countries and very seldom we've had to use our Lenovo servies but the times we did, the process was always straightforward and the people we communicated with were very helpful. Last August my wife bought a Lenovo through Amazon and we recently noticed that we had only a few days to renew the warranty of her laptop. She tried to do it online but apparently the laptop was originally purchased in Canada and since we live in Texas she needed to change the address to the US in order to pay for the warranty extension. She spent two or three days on the phone being sent from one department or person to another and not a single person was willing to help. By mail, ThinkPlus Support offered no help either . The only person that at first showed a slight interest in helping was C, although he eventually did what everyone else has been doing, passing on to a different person to handle it -- and drop it. In this case, it was M, who never took the time to write us back. My wife wrote C again but no reply either.I find reprehensible that a company like Lenovo treats its customers so poorly. The sale of a product is greatly dependent on its customer service and what we have experienced so far has proven that either the company has lost its vision or its employees are not being supervised well enough. We yearly upgrade various pieces of equipment, not just Lenovo, to keep up our business going. We have always had good services from the companies we purchase equipment from. This time, with Lenovo we have received the worst treatment a customer could ever experience from a company --we are just trying to buy a warranty. Thank God we don't need our laptops serviced. By now, my wife's laptop's warranty has expired, with our requests and its documentation buried somewhere in desks of some Lenovo employee, who is too busy to take care of a customer.

Admin note; post edited for privacy in accordance with the Community Guidelines.

Options

9044 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32579 Signins

1204220 Page Views

• Message 10 of 11

2020-09-14, 20:07 PM

Hello @PaulFlex5 , @baker_at_large , @sdrum 

Sorry for the delayed response, this hasn't been the easiest situation to work out but I do believe I have a solution. Could I ask you please to send me your serial numbers by private message, DO NOT post them in open Community. To send a private message click on my name on on the right side you will see the option. Please use the subject title "NA CA Warranty Extension".

Thanks in advance

Andy

Lenovo eServices

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete