Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam_smith
What's DOS?
Views: 1,384
Message 1 of 3

External cd/dvd problem

Hi all

I've just purchased a hp 8x external slim multiformat dvd/cd writer for use with my new Lenovo yoga. The driver successfully installed once the dvd/cd writer was plugged into the usb port however when I've tried to run a cd such as the media suite software which came with the writer or my software for Microsoft office I get the message "this app won't run on this pc" - do I need to download an app from the windows store, if so which one?

Please bear in mind I'm very new to windows RT and don't know a lot of technical stuff to do with computers.

Thanks

Nij_11
What's DOS?
Views: 1,332
Message 2 of 3

Re: External cd/dvd problem

Had the same problem. Try using a different wire, did the trick for me. 

Hope that works for you too. 

Vis_Viva
What's DOS?
Views: 1,267
Message 3 of 3

Re: External cd/dvd problem

Actually I have the same question. I’m looking for a good external DVD player that users KNOW works will with the IdeaTab Lynx K3011W (running 32-bit Windows 8).

I've had some trouble with the LG Slim Portable Blu-Ray Multi Drive (CP40NG10) working with my Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx K3011W. It's very intermittent (USUALLY works but not always) and I could not get the bundled Cyberlink software (thus free) to install. Some elements of the suite install but crucial items (like the DVD player) just "hang". I’m still hunting for a good DVD app and using trial versions to find one. I've updated drivers and firmware so that isn't the problem.

If I could find a more reliable DVD player I’d get it. I’d probably KEEP my current one (and use it on some other machine).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors