Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-27-2016

Malta

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 4

Extremely loud Fan noise on brand new Yoga 3 Pro Laptop - Please Resolve ASAP

2016-02-27, 7:19 AM

Hi, 

2 months ago i bought a Yoga 3 Pro  i7 laptop and in the last 2 weeks it started making an unbearable constant noise which sounds like a chip fryer. it is clearly coming from the fan located on the upper right hand side of the unit. it simply does not stop running and its unbearable. given what i paid for this machine i am on the point of returning it.

Can someone help with a fix for this issue? Lenovo i called tech support and no resolution was made thus far.

Options

1118 Posts

12-06-2012

Netherlands

6371 Signins

67362 Page Views

• Views: 67362
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Extremely loud Fan noise on brand new Yoga 3 Pro Laptop - Please Resolve ASAP

2016-02-28, 10:45 AM

Hello Pierre, welcome to the forums.

It does sound like a possible mechanical problem. If you bought the Yoga 3 Pro 2 months ago, then it should still be under warranty, so your best course of action would probably be to send it to a Lenovo Service Center and get it checked out under the warranty.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Options

204 Posts

03-28-2015

United States of America

511 Signins

2955 Page Views

• Views: 2955
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Extremely loud Fan noise on brand new Yoga 3 Pro Laptop - Please Resolve ASAP

2016-02-29, 1:47 AM

Fan noise on a Y3P is strange as there is a very small fan and at least with my machine?  It's nearly inaudible.  OTH, you mentioned a i7 and the Y3P comes with a Core M.   Are you sure you don't have a Yoga 3 14  or 3 11?  There are threads here about fan noise with those models.  If you are hearing the fan on a Y3P?  Either there's a physical issue with the fan or possibly a thermal issue that keeps the fan on full tilt.

Options

1118 Posts

12-06-2012

Netherlands

6371 Signins

67362 Page Views

• Views: 67362
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-03-01, 10:04 AM

wrote:

OTH, you mentioned a i7 and the Y3P comes with a Core M.   Are you sure you don't have a Yoga 3 14  or 3 11?

Good catch. Thanks.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms