Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali-50
Fanfold Paper
Views: 168
Message 11 of 32

Re: Extremely low space, where all space go!! PLEASE HELP HELP

No dual boot, it is just windows which came with this computer. I got this computer a year ago from one of the distributer and I was a 100% new. I contact the agent but they did not provide any help at all.. The computer operating perfectly but I realized this problem when i was tried to upgrade the windows from 8 to 10 !  

Guru
Views: 163
Message 12 of 32

Can you show a screenshot of the disk management like Sabin requested? 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

ali-50
Fanfold Paper
Views: 161
Message 13 of 32

Here is a screeshot from disk management.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3r2quea3xbof7t/Disk%20managment.jpg?dl=0

today I have deleted few program that is why you found more space but it is still not logic to have that free space ony

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 154
Message 14 of 32

Thanks for the new screenshot, ali-50.

If you look at the leftmost info about halfway down, you'll see the Disk 0 size reported as 119.12 GB. This is due to the way Windows reports size vs the way disk size is reported on packaging. 128 GB=128,000,000,000 on packaging. Divide by 1024^3 and you get the size as reported by the OS/Disk Management.

So with that in mind, you've got a couple of very small system partitions, a main Windows partition and a 12.93 GB partition where all of the resources needed to recover your machine to it's factory state are stored (invoked by the Novo button). Those partitions are not included in how your stats are shown in your prior screenshot.

Your Windows partition is 103.98 GB, out of the total size. The 30 GB used / 74 GB free matches.

Does this help?

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

ali-50
Fanfold Paper
Views: 143
Message 15 of 32

Thanks Sarbin

but the 74 is MB not GB

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 132
Message 16 of 32

Hmmm... I missed that. Sorry.

I saw "74" and "30" and mistakenly did bad math.

Do you have any kind of automatic backup software running that could be filling up the drive?

Try this, please: start typing disk cleanup in the Search box and then launch the tool. Don't delete anything, but please see if anything is reported as using a lot of space. When done with that query, press the Clean up system files button, and take a look at what it reports, comparing to the first window. There may be leftover Windows update packages, or Windows.old directories. No need to delete anything yet.

Regards.

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

ali-50
Fanfold Paper
Views: 123
Message 17 of 32

No problem sarbin

I run the cleanup tool which showed just a small files. max size is 9 MB

Guru
Views: 121
Message 18 of 32

Look into your documents folder. Do you have a lot of files there? is it possible to move it to an external drive to see if it lowers?

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 118
Message 19 of 32

OK.

At this point, I'd recommend that you get one of the free disk space reporting tools that are available. There are some listed here: http://www.howtogeek.com/113012/10-best-free-tools-to-analyze-hard-drive-space-on-your-windows-pc/

I don't have any particular favorite, and as always, please be cautious downloading anything, but hopefully this will pinpoint where your disk space is being used and what is filling it. After that, it should be easier to decide how to proceed.

Regards.

ali-50
Fanfold Paper
Views: 109
Message 20 of 32

ok

I will do it and let you  know

thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors