Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skyforce5
Not applicable
Views: 129
Message 1 of 3

Fan problem with Lenovo Yoga 2 13

Hello,

My Lenovo yoga laptop made some weird buzzing sound, so I realised it's comming from the fan. I ordered a new fan and replaced the old one with the new one. However, the new one doesn't even start. It is not spinning at all. I checked the wiring and if the fan is spinning freely and everything seems to be ok and in good working condition. I ran the lenovo diagnostics tool and it says that there is no fan available.  Also ran a couple of other programs like speedfan and cpuid, and they both don't recognise the fan at all. Could it be a faulty fan or problems with the motherboard?

ChrisE_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 95
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fan problem with Lenovo Yoga 2 13

Hi there, skyforce5! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum! 

Please try testing the new fan to another computer and check if the new fan will work or not. If the fan did not work from another computer, the problem is with the fan, however, if the fan did work from another computer, the problem could be on the motherboard of the Yoga. In addition, did you purchase the same size and type of fan? 

Regards, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

skyforce5
Not applicable
Views: 85
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fan problem with Lenovo Yoga 2 13

Hello, 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors