01-31-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Fans after BIOS update on Yoga C740

2020-01-31, 12:07 PM

I recently updated my BIOS to the latest version on my YOGA C740 and now the fans start to really get going even when just typing stuff in Word. Wasnt like this before the update. Also it is getting warmer than before.

Is this intentional?

And even more important: Can I downgrade the BIOS to the version I had before (it was the version with a 34 in it, now im at the 35, cant remember the exact title)?

Options

0 Posts

01-31-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

BIOS update kills Yoga C740

2020-02-01, 14:04 PM

Do NOT update your BIOS if you have a C740!!!!

I recently updated my BIOS to the latest version on my YOGA C740 and now the fans start to really get going even when just typing stuff in Word. Wasnt like this before the update. Also it is getting warmer than before and the battery life decreased from over 14h to unter 8h -.-

I asked the support for the BIOS version I had before (BNCN34WW) but the guy couldnt find that one and was only able to give me a slightly older version (BNCN33WW). If anyone knows where I can get the 34 version of the BIOS, PLEASE let me know!!

Lenovo really disappointed me with this one. Every single bit of trust I had is now gone; I just can't believe how you can screw this up so bad. I expect this to be fixed soon, since I already heard the same issue from a few other ppl.

MOD: Threads merged.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save