08-11-2018

CA

4 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 1 of 3

Fans on Yoga 730 sound like a whistle

2018-08-12, 0:13 AM

Just got my new 15 inch Yoga 730 in the mail a couple of days ago. When this thing was downloading windows updates the fans were blowing like a whistle. Now when I boot it up its fans go wild. Eventually I noticed that its blowing like this mostly when it is plugged in. However there are still times where I hear it when its using just the battery. I am planning to use this plugged in a lot because I want to use its full power. Is there any solution to this disturbing noise? There is no way I can use this if the fans are that loud.

Options

22 Posts

04-27-2017

US

17 Signins

169 Page Views

• Views: 169
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Fans on Yoga 730 sound like a whistle

2018-08-12, 1:18 AM

Oddly enough, this happened on the 720 due to the wifi driver, confirm all drivers are updated by using the sites auto device scan, or download Lenovo System Update. If this doesn't solve it, check your CPU temps by downloading Core Temp. If they aren't very high it could be a fan issue, since the model is brand new it should still carry a warranty. I would try the above and if it doesn't fix it, contact Lenovo technical support to have them look into the issue.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Options

4096 Posts

01-05-2008

DE

22111 Signins

317155 Page Views

• Views: 317155
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Fans on Yoga 730 sound like a whistle

2018-08-14, 6:42 AM
Hi ShawnY,

it´s pretty normal that the fans blow more often when the laptop is new. Because a new Windows is running a lot of background tasks, like updating and indexing which needs some processor power.

I would recommend to just let him alone for a while (plugged in and overnight) and let doing Windows it´s work. After that it will calm down.

Best and have fun with your new laptop. :-)
Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Lenovo Yoga C930, ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T460s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete