Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

11606 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33045 Signins

1235575 Page Views

• Views: 1235575
  • Message 11 of 17

Re:Faulty Hinge On Lenovo Laptop

2021-06-09, 15:10 PM

Hello @LMieze 

thanks for contacting the Call Center again and I do see that you now have a service case open which is positive, our team will be able to track it now. What would also help our team is whether or not you have a photo of the system showing it as you described in your earlier post, if you do and could post that it would help but not critical.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

1 Posts

06-23-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 12 of 17

2021-06-23, 2:01 AM

hinge on right side, the little piece on the bottom of the screen bevel popped off; bezel is bulged out, hinge out of whack.  Only 6 months old and rarely leaves the desk so rarely even closed.  See that it is a known issue; how to proceed in getting repair?  Need the device so I can't ship it somewhere for weeks; this is clearly a manufacturing defect and device is still under warranty.  Next steps?

Options

11606 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33045 Signins

1235575 Page Views

• Message 13 of 17

2021-06-23, 9:44 AM

Hello @JohnConan welcome to Community,

You need to please open a service case with support. The contact phone number can be found via the below link, you will need to enter your serial number to validate that your system is in warranty. Should the Call Centre decide there is an issue which is covered by your warranty they will arrange for service to be provided at the level accorded to your system's level of warranty entitlement.

https://support.lenovo.com/contactus

Andy

Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

8 Posts

06-07-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 14 of 17

2021-06-23, 13:09 PM

@JohnConan Good luck with getting Lenovo to cover the cost of repairs for your computer unless you have purchased an extended warranty when you bought the computer.

While all of these similar issues would clearly point toward defective hinges, Lenovo will not cover it under their standard warranty.

"The standard warranty does not cover physical damage to your computer"

They will not repair or replace it.

You will have to pay for repairs if you choose to have it fixed.  

After giving us the run around and pretty awful customer service for over a month we purchased a Dell instead of spending $300 to repair a two month old Lenovo that we purchased for $600 in March.

Options

12 Posts

06-19-2021

United States of America

11 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 15 of 17

2021-06-26, 21:29 PM

Hi,

Yep i'm in the same exact situation.   Ideapad 5 (under warrranty) and both hinges broke loose from the lid, but as much as I've tried to tell them it's always 'damage'.   Which is nothing but junk.   It's not damage it's parts failure.   But no one at Lenovo will help, or take responsibility.   I've heard 'call the customer center and use the keyword complaint'.     Well that got me a rep that said take it to Geek Squad for evaluation - who promptly told me Lenovo doesn't fix any 'damage'.    So basically we're all suckers for expecting Lenovo to help us.   

When the back to school sales start it will be on to a different vendor for sure, and will parts this thing out - all except the hinges because they are JUNK. 

Options

11606 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33045 Signins

1235575 Page Views

• Message 16 of 17

2021-07-13, 14:52 PM

Hello,

I'm sorry that you haven't had the best experience and hopefully we are on the road to correct that. The Community Team has been doing some work in the background, we have hopefully been able to arrange for repair exceptions for you, support will be reaching out hopefully very soon to you.

Andy

Lenovo eServices

Options

7 Posts

06-03-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 17 of 17

2021-07-13, 16:32 PM

Too late!

I notified you folks about my faulty hinge and was asked to send in pictures.  I did and the response I received back was:

Dear Customer,

"Thank you for contacting Lenovo Warranty Support through E-Ticket. We apologize for the inconvenience you’ve experienced. Please consider reading this message as a response to your request online.

Upon checking on your issue, this kind of damage is something that we can consider as physical damage or an accidental damage on the computer. The current warranty entitlement of the machine registered appears to be a standard warranty only, which means it only covers the hardware failures on the machine. When a warranty is identified to be standard, it means it does not actually cover any kind of physical or accidental damage.

This damage on the PC does not void the warranty entitlement and as an option, we can still offer warranty claim and have this machine repaired; however, this is going to be a billable repair, our technicians will send the billable quotation after diagnosing the extent of damage. Furthermore, the repair will only proceed once the charges has been settled. With regards to the estimation of the price, we cannot exactly drop a specific amount as it will depend on the technicians who will be working on the computer.

As a second option, you may choose to approach a local technician in your area to take a physical look on your machine then. If you want to proceed with a billable warranty service, you may directly call us at 1-877-453-6686 or request for a prioritized callback at www.lenovo.com/contact to further inform you about the repair process."

Regards,

In doing more research I found that there were hundreds of others who had experienced the same problem and were told the same thing.

Since I could see that this was differently a faulty hinge problem and Lenovo wasn't going to stand behind it.  I had my computer repaired on my own.

Also, in my research I discovered that there is now a class action against IBM/Lenovo for said problem.

Sorry, but taking two months to decide that NOW you want to offer a repair... it's too late.

I had two options.  Pay to have it repaired or go purchase a new DELL laptop, because I wasn't going to purchase from a company that won't stand behind it's product.

Thanks, but no thanks!  It's fixed now, and not on any account of IBM/Lenovo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms