cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bittersuit_98
What's DOS?
Views: 146
Message 1 of 4

Fingerprint loging disabled after Last windows 10 update (04/15/2019) Lenovo Yoga 72013IKB

I have a Lenovo Yoga 720-13IKB. The fingeprint sign-in option has been disabled by latest windows 10 update. I was able to getit running by applying the AllowDomainPINLogon fix in the registry. It fixed the problem for a while but after the last windows update, the fix stopped working. I uninstalled and re-installed the most recent driver from the lenovo website but I realized the most recent driver is from May 2017, so it does not address any of the issues brought by recent windows updates.  Right now, the Device Manager shows Error Code 10. I'm resorting to the forum to see if anyone has had a similar issue recentrly and if there's a fix.

Thank you all

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 94
Message 2 of 4

Re:

Hi! Thanks for reaching out. We would like to know more. What device is showing Error code 10? If it's the Fingerprint Reader, have you tried updating the driver using the Lenovo Vantage app or from https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/au/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-720-12IKB/download...?

Let us know. Thanks.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

bomber05
Paper Tape
Views: 70
Message 3 of 4

Re: Fingerprint loging disabled after Last windows 10 update (04/15/2019) Lenovo Yoga 72013IKB

Hi J,

I have the same computer with exactly the same issue. (occurred since the 5th of May 2019) Did you actually resolve your issue?

I've tried downloading the driver but the same issue persists same error code also.

DC

bomber05
Paper Tape
Views: 68
Message 4 of 4

Re: Re: Finger print Lenovo Yoga 720

Hi Jack,

did the issue ever get resolved? I have the same error message for the Biometric device (fingerprint scanner)

I Have tried updating the driver using Lenovo Vantage, that didn't work. I called Lenovo with no luck also.

DC

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors