Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darkbound
Fanfold Paper
Views: 670
Message 1 of 12

Force Yoga 3 Pro CPU to work at highest frequency

Hey guys, I have some problems with the CPU frequency management. I actually can't really understand what is the problem because I have played 4k videos on my laptop (from files) on power saving without problems. However if I play videos from youtube things get really bad (altho I think this wasnt happening a few months ago). When I play videos in youtube my CPU goes down to 1 GHz or less (in high performance mode!) and my PC gets reallly really really really slow and annoying and I can barely watch videos......

Guru
Views: 646
Message 2 of 12

Re: Force Yoga 3 Pro CPU to work at highest frequency

Have you tried different browser?

How about firefox?

If your problem with chrome?

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Darkbound
Fanfold Paper
Views: 632
Message 3 of 12

Yes the problem is with Chrome, seems fine in IE.

Guru
Views: 629
Message 4 of 12

Try uninstalling Chrome from Control Panel > Programs & Features

Then, download and install it again.

Let me know if that solves your problem.

If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Darkbound
Fanfold Paper
Views: 597
Message 5 of 12

Hello, I have reinstalled my OS because of some other issues. I still have problems playing 4k video in Chrome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=14&v=0tjc7aihNjk this is the video that I am talking about. It's playing flawlessly in Internet Explorer but it's probably playing at less than 10 FPS in Chrome. I have also noticed other web apps running significantly slower in Chrome than in IE.

I have really big problems while I am browsing the internet, the yoga is slow even in facebook!

Not to mention that my temperatures are always at about 60C and my Yoga is always hot in the upper right corner I dont know if this is normal. Right now as I am typing my CPU temp is 60-65C and the only things I have opened are the browser with 2-3 tabs that are inactive atm, Windows Mail and Task manager. I use Lenovo Settings to check the temperature.

I dont know whats wrong with my Yoga, is it just mine or all of them have these kinds of problems...

Guru
Views: 576
Message 6 of 12

Its not a problem regarding the temps. My yoga performs the same, it stays between 60-65 when playing videos or browsing. This is normal temp for any laptop. (I have Y510p and Y3P, and both give same temps)

I just tried to play that video on a dell laptop (i5 CPU) in Chrome and it lags at ONLY 4k option.

I think its a generic problem with chrome or that video. Have you tried playing other videos which are NOT 4k?

Darkbound
Fanfold Paper
Views: 544
Message 7 of 12

So I think I have figure out what the problem is. When I am in Chrome and I open YouTube for example it forces my CPU to go down to 600-700 MHz and this lags the whole browser. Even if the YouTube tab is not on focus and am in some other tab it still does that. The same thing happens if I open Facebook (I am guessing because I have Youtube videos in my feed). The CPU tries to go to higher frequency but never goes above 900 MHz...

Flanimal
Token Ring
Views: 518
Message 8 of 12

Hi,

In case you haven't seen it, this link may may potentially explain some of your observations:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Edge-Yoga-LaVie-Z-Flex/Probable-reasons-for-poor-youtube-perform...

Darkbound
Fanfold Paper
Views: 513
Message 9 of 12

Hello. Thanks for the information, and I havent seen this one. It gives the reason behind the problem, but there is no solution. Is there a way to solve this problem? 

Darkbound
Fanfold Paper
Views: 511
Message 10 of 12

P.S. I also have similar problems with websites that have some kind of animations or fancy UI. Playing some online games is also a pain in the *** with Chrome but they are perfectly ok in IE. Is it because of the same reason?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors