Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhinoimaging
Paper Tape
Views: 1,672
Message 1 of 6

Glass Cracked Yoga 2 Pro - Repair or Replacement

My Yoga 2 Pro took a bit of a hit in the upper right corner while traveling recently and several cracks have radiated across the screen.

The laptop still works great, and I didn't have any pixel-fallout ... just the cracks.

I would prefer to try and repair it myself if that is even possible (ie. replace glass component) ... or look into what options there may be for replacement etc.

Any guidance or suggestions would be much appreciated.

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,646
Message 2 of 6

Re: Glass Cracked Yoga 2 Pro - Repair or Replacement

Some credit cards offer accidental coverage for devices for up to X amount of time. See if you have that benefit.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,641
Message 3 of 6

The "glass" is the static discharge digitizer with a matrix of tiny wires running through it. It is part of the screen assembly and cannot be replaced separately.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
spyre
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,610
Message 4 of 6

I had the same issue. You're basically screwed. No one has new screens or glass anywhere in the country or even outside of it really including Lenovo.
rhinoimaging
Paper Tape
Views: 1,583
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for all your comments and feedback guys.

I'll look into what warranties may be covered by the credit card etc, but from past experience, these types of cover usually account for just about anything other than the lcd screen.

Still, worth looking into.

Just for discussion (and perhaps for you to laugh), I did think about application of one of those windshield repair kits that are meant for vehicles ... Long story short, I think it would make a bigger mess of things ... but still, some sort of thin, heat-shrink, clear, laminate material could have some merit?

Again ... probably not, but perhaps something to reccommend to DoW or 3M for as a future product.

In the meantime, it's the old hook-up to the extenal monitor for this PC.

Thanks again for your replies.

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,580
Message 6 of 6

I wish the Y2P screen was more durable! I too suffered from a crack screen a while back. I worry every time i open the computer about my screen state. Honestly, I am not happy with the fragile state of the screen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors