Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aramas
What's DOS?
Views: 102
Message 1 of 2

Got a new external monitor and Yoga 910 doesn't detect it

Hi

I have a Yoga 910. I had a Dell SE2417HG 24" screen that I would connect through an Alogic hub (HDMI to USB-C) with no issues.

I decided to upgrade my monitor to something a bit bigger and got a Benq GC2870H 28". But the yoga isnt detecting it.

I checked and the monitor connects to my work laptop no troubles, both through the hub and straight HDMI.

Ive had a look through the posts and tried some suggestions (updated everything etc). But as the hub worked before and doesnt now, is it the monitor ? Any ideas how I can get this to work? 

Apreciate your help!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 76
Message 2 of 2

Re: Got a new external monitor and Yoga 910 doesn't detect it

@aramas wrote:

Ive had a look through the posts and tried some suggestions (updated everything etc).

You might want to list the things you've done so we don't waste your time suggesting things you've already tried.

To confirm, the Dell monitor did work with the 910 through the hub you're currently using, correct? And you are connecting the hub to the forward USB-C port.

Some easy things to try: 

• Swap out the HDMI cable. Especially if you're not using the same cable to test with your work computer. Even if it is, try a different one.
  • Change the power-up sequence so the monitor is powered up only after the computer, the hub, and the HDMI cable are all connected.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the hub.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors