Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guz5260
Paper Tape
Views: 1,107
Message 1 of 5

HDMI port is not working on my Yoga 2

I know it is not the micro hdmi cable. I have the suggested cable. I think it is a software issue. Any ideas? It was working and then the next day the TV does not recognize that the computer is plugged in.

artbytes
Fanfold Paper
Views: 954
Message 2 of 5

Re: HDMI port is not working on my Yoga 2

My Yoga 2 13 was initially working fine with my mini HDMI to HDMI adapter. Then, it just stopped working. My projector wasn't getting any input from the computer. (Right when I was setting up for a presentation - groan!) When I got home, I got it to work again, but when I moved the computer, it jiggled the cable and it stopped working again. I moved the cable around and got it to work again, but I think that the mini hdmi port is at fault. It doesn't seem to hold the hdmi cable adapter tightly enough or easily make the connection. Very scary to try and depend on for a presentation. 

Some people - mostly with the Yoga 2 Pro (mine isn't a pro) have been shaving some of the plastic from the end of the cable so that it fits in further. That seems to solve their problem. I look at my cable, though, and it looks like the plastic from the adapter isn't even touching the side of my computer. It looks like the metal part of the adapter is in as far as it will go even without interference from the plastic around the end of the adapter. 

Does anyone else have a Yoga 2 13 (not pro)? How are your mini hdmi adapters working? 

AndyCalling
Token Ring
Views: 945
Message 3 of 5

I do. Try this cable:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009W9V2N4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1433889899&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&key...

It has an excellently slim plug casing and a good depth of connector. I have no probs.
artbytes
Fanfold Paper
Views: 939
Message 4 of 5

Thanks. I've just ordered one.

artbytes
Fanfold Paper
Views: 924
Message 5 of 5

Just want you all to know that I did receive my Bluerigger cable. It works really well, and fits more securely into the port on my laptop. A big thanks to Andy for letting us all know.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors