cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nouserr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 873
Message 1 of 5

HDMI stopped working, (Intel 5500 HD Graphics)

Yoga 500-14IBD i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz

Usually I have/had a 24'' monitor connected to it with HDMI cable, sometimes I connected it to Sony Bravia 47'' TV. Everything was fine for some time but it STOPPED WORKING. Yesterday during watching a movie TV screen was flickering time to time, really rare and randomly. Suddenly, today it just stopped working, 24'' monitor got black and from then none of the screens is recognized when connected to hdmi. Wind+P is as extended mode.

Is it possible that my motherboard HDMI slot got damaged? or maybe its a Intel HD 5500 damaged?

What's strange is when I try to install old drivers: win64_154028.4501 im getting an error.

yoga.JPG

What might have happened to my Yoga?

Is there a way to fix it or do I have to just buy new(used) motherboard?

thanks

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 840
Message 2 of 5

Re: HDMI stopped working, (Intel 5500 HD Graphics)

Most likely, it's driver issue. Can you please try to download/upgrade the drivers from the Lenovo website?

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ua/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-500-14ibd

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
nouserr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 829
Message 3 of 5

Hey yigit
Thanks a loads for taking a time to reply to my problem. Unfortunately I cant update my driver as it always shows this error that the driver is not valid for this computer which is strange, I download drivers after using Detect Product option so it should be good.
Guru
Views: 810
Message 4 of 5

Does the 500's own screen display properly?

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
nouserr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 622
Message 5 of 5

Hey, thanks for taking a time to reply to my problem, yes id did work properly, 2 other monitors connected through Plugable UD3900 also worked properly.
I think where the issue is, I connected TV through 10m wire and I think this overload the slot and slot broke. Yesterday I connected my standard monitor to hdmi and laptop died after around an 1hr of using it. So my assumption is Graphics Card was somehow overloaded and fried as laptop isnt turning on, there is a light shown when connected to power supply but nothing is happening when power button is pressed. I can hear quiet clicking when button is pressed but laptop isnt starting... Smiley Sad

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors