Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCReggie
Paper Tape
Views: 6,332
Message 1 of 8

HELP! Built in Camera Not Working

My Lenovo Yoga 910 built-in camera stopped working after Windows 10 updates. I tried installing updated driver to no avail. I also tried rolling back to the previous driver. I uninstalled the device thinking I could find it to reinstall and now I cannot find the app to operate the camera. Any help is greatly appreciated. Warranty just ended! Ugg.

rhirata
Paper Tape
Views: 6,206
Message 2 of 8

Re: HELP! Built in Camera Not Working

I have a FLEX5 1570 Lenovo machine. I had the same problem. What I finally did after many many videos and searched hints is come to the Lenovo support home page, and found this camera drivers https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ma/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/flex-series/flex-5-1570/downloads/d.... I downloaded the drivers, executed the file and voala. my camera started to work again. I remember that most of the hints tell you to go to "Devices" and check drivers, however in my case, the "Imaging devices" did not even appear, so no roll back on drivers or similar actions were possible. After this installation of drivers, I solved the problem. Please goto to Lenovo support, search for camera drivers for your Yoga Model (I am not sure my drivers will solve your machine ones), but the procedure simply installed the drivers and after a restart, the laptop recognized the hardware......hope It works.
FarhatC40
Paper Tape
Views: 6,204
Message 3 of 8

Alternatively, it may be a case of clicking your F8 which manually disables and enables the camera.
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 6,187
Message 4 of 8

Or check to make sure Windows ver 1803 didn't shut it off. Windows Key > Settings > Privacy and scroll down to Permissions > Camera.  See if you need to enable it, there. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Paper Tape
Views: 4,242
Message 5 of 8

omg it was the F8 thing for me hahahaha
joe_m
What's DOS?
Views: 4,002
Message 6 of 8

Ive been racking my brains trying to figure this out and this simple tip was it!! Thanks a ton for that!!!!!!!

@FarhatC40 wrote:
Alternatively, it may be a case of clicking your F8 which manually disables and enables the camera.

GiriSach
What's DOS?
Views: 984
Message 7 of 8

it worked for me
mbialanr30
What's DOS?
Views: 620
Message 8 of 8

my lenovo ideapad s130-11IGM camera doesnt work, microphone and others work fine. we just bought it 2.5 months ago.

@DCReggie wrote:

My Lenovo Yoga 910 built-in camera stopped working after Windows 10 updates. I tried installing updated driver to no avail. I also tried rolling back to the previous driver. I uninstalled the device thinking I could find it to reinstall and now I cannot find the app to operate the camera. Any help is greatly appreciated. Warranty just ended! Ugg.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors