Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcon45
Paper Tape
Views: 191
Message 1 of 7

HELP>>>yoga 3 pro , new ssd not visible in BIOS,

I have a yoga 3 pro  1370 , the ssd card kept freezing replaced with new ssd drive   (western digital  500 gb)

but when i enter the bios it states no hard drive . I've tried all i can think of. put back old drive and it shows it's there. swapped it back and forth about 6 times,

thanks

ras47
SCSI Port
Views: 144
Message 2 of 7

Re: HELP>>>yoga 3 pro , new ssd not visible in BIOS,

I recently had trouble with my Yoga 3 Pro and it turned out to be a bad motherboard. One of the symptoms was the hard drive not being recognized. $400 later I had a fully functioning laptop again.
mcon45
Paper Tape
Views: 125
Message 3 of 7

ok i might understand that,but it sees the drive that went bad when i reinstall, The only other thing i can think of is that the new drive is defective.. thanks for your input
Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 114
Message 4 of 7

What is the exact/full model number of the new SSD?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

mcon45
Paper Tape
Views: 107
Message 5 of 7

WESTERN DIGITAL
WD BLUE SN500
NVMe SSD

thanks
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 99
Message 6 of 7

The Yoga 3 Pro supports SATA m.2 SSDs.  It does not support PCIe/NVMe.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Lenovo%20Tablets%20_%20Convertibles/Lenovo%20Yoga%203%20Pro/...

SSD / SATA 6.0Gb/s, NGFF 2280, removable, upgradable

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

mcon45
Paper Tape
Views: 88
Message 7 of 7

ok great i will get the right drive.
Thanks for your help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors