Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
the_old_me
Not applicable
Views: 3,849
Message 1 of 10

Hardware scan failed error WVC007002-UL7WAD

#The computer is hang now and then. It just freezes. No key works and then I have to restart again. It asked for a hardware test which I ran and the result code is WVC007002-UL7WAD. It showed failure in Motherboard and Graphics card#

spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 3,835
Message 2 of 10

Re: Hardware scan failed error WVC007002-UL7WAD

Hi the_old_me , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

What Machine Number do you have based on the sticker or checking on the support site  ( just the machine number and keep the serial number confidential ) ?

Error code WVC007002-UL7WAD show failure on the Video card as per code : 

Usually best to update the Video driver either on the drivers support or directly from the manufacturer 

See if the BIOS version on msinfo32 is as the same version offered on the driver page 

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Mod's Edit: LSC Table removed as it is no longer available for public release.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 3,654
Message 3 of 10

A service tip has been released concerning the WVC007002 Mathematical Operations Test error message.  This is a false negative and can be ignored; it does not affect the system's functionality or performance.

Link to Service Tip;

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT105222

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

swornakar
Not applicable
Views: 3,630
Message 4 of 10

I don't think this is a false alarm. My display crashes and recovers all the time while I am using my computer. I already updated all my drivers and the issue still exists.
the_old_me
Not applicable
Views: 3,605
Message 5 of 10

The model no is 80QD.

I installed the driver from the support website but it did not work saying that its not validated for the machine and I need to download it from manufacturer's website. Its not really clear to me.

The display just freezes now and then and I need to restart the laptop quite often.Now a days it does terrible sound.

What should I do?

gcoupe
Not applicable
Views: 3,585
Message 6 of 10

@the_old_me wrote:

The model no is 80QD.

I installed the driver from the support website but it did not work saying that its not validated for the machine and I need to download it from manufacturer's website. Its not really clear to me.

The display just freezes now and then and I need to restart the laptop quite often.Now a days it does terrible sound.

What should I do?

That sounds as though you have a Yoga 700 - but which model; the 700-11ISK or the 700-14ISK?

And which driver did you download from the support site?  Note that these two Yoga models have their own support pages, because not all drivers are the same for these two Yoga 700 models.

If you could give us a little more information to work with, we may be able to help you further. Thanks.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

swornakar
Not applicable
Views: 3,560
Message 7 of 10

Mine is Yoga 700 - 14ISK and has dual display card. Intel 520 and NVIDIA. The problem is with Intel VGA card.

gcoupe
Not applicable
Views: 3,548
Message 8 of 10

@swornakar wrote:

Mine is Yoga 700 - 14ISK and has dual display card. Intel 520 and NVIDIA. The problem is with Intel VGA card.

I think that there are two issues here:

1) As Andy has posted, there was an issue with the tests that Lenovo Solution Center runs. The WVC007002 Mathematical Operations Test error message gave a false negative and can be ignored; it does not affect the system's functionality or performance.

2) Many people are seeing Windows 10 reporting an error message: "The display driver has crashed and has recovered". This is happening with different makes of graphics hardware (Intel, NVIDIA and AMD), and not just on Lenovo machines.

This second error is definitely an annoyance, but it is not fatal. It's a problem with the driver. New drivers seem to have fixed it in some cases (e.g. on my desktop PC, which has an AMD graphics card, the error has gone following installation of new drivers).

I see that the latest Intel driver for the Yoga 700 - 14ISK is from 20 January 2016:

http://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-700-14isk/downloads/D...

Is that the one that you have installed? If so, and you're still seeing the issue, then I'm afraid we're going to have to wait until Intel sorts it out with a newer driver. It is indeed annoying, but as I say, it is not fatal.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

sjj
Not applicable
Views: 3,510
Message 9 of 10

El mío también es el yoga 700 14 isk y tiene una semana y da el mismo problema de la tarjeta gráfica de Intel, a mi en el servicio técnico Me am dicho q es un bugs ,que no Tiene importancia
swornakar
Not applicable
Views: 3,277
Message 10 of 10

Yep, that is the one I installed. Hope the fix comes sooner than later. Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors