01-16-2018 10:18 AM
My speakers on my Yoga 2 Pro work fine. Today, I plugged in headphones and only sound came through the right ear side. I checked the headphones themselves with my phone and they worked fine. I got earbuds out to test them. The earbuds had sound only coming out on the left side. Again, tested the earbuds with my phone and they worked fine. It is the headphone jack in the Yoga Pro for sure. Suggestions?
02-23-2018 01:33 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
It would seem like it indeed, if the headphones worked correctly with another unit, it will likely be the jack as you mentioned in the unit itself.
Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.
(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal
Otherwise, if the above does not help, I would recommend that you attempt a factory reset in order to rule out any software related issues.
Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine
1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. If you have a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.
If these steps do not work I would recommend, that you call your local Lenovo support line for a possible service. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.