Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

43 Posts

04-18-2014

Macedonia

47 Signins

252 Page Views

• Views: 252
  • Message 1 of 13

Hearing a Cracking Sound on Brand New Yoga Pro 2?

2014-04-18, 2:50 AM

I bought and use the Yoga Pro 2 i7 version for not full two weeks and I'm already hearing some cracking noise from the left hindge when opening/closing the lid. It doesn't affect the mobility of the screen at all, but I am really worried that it's only two weeks since I bought it and NO I haven't been playing around with the lid. It bothers me because this might get serious later on.

Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

• Views: 25513
  • Message 2 of 13

Re: Hearing a Cracking Sound on Brand New Yoga Pro 2?

2014-04-18, 3:25 AM

Send it into warrenty before your screen cracks. Cuz once it cracks, you are SOL.

Options

43 Posts

04-18-2014

Macedonia

47 Signins

252 Page Views

• Message 3 of 13

2014-04-18, 10:37 AM
I'm afraid that here in Macedonia it will be really hard to do that. I waited for 2 weeks to receive this laptop because it doesn't sell that much here. I really love it, but definitely do not want to keep it with these defects.

If I send it for warranty the most they can do is they will try to repair it which I surely don't want. I'm kind of out of options here. Can I talk to lenovo directly about this somehow? Maybe record a video and send it to them with all of the problems I'm facing?
Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

• Views: 25513
  • Message 4 of 13

2014-04-18, 13:06 PM

I would call their tech support # and get a case number.  

Also, they may be able to contract a repair with a local repair shop (for free). Lenovo does this very often and especially in hard to reach places.

Options

43 Posts

04-18-2014

Macedonia

47 Signins

252 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2014-04-18, 13:39 PM

The thing is that I do not want a repair. Why would I want repair done on a brand new laptop? This creaking noise from the left hinge was there right fromt he start. I'm the owner of a compute repair shop in our town and I know exactly how they work here and what they will do with it if I send it for repair. They will probably just spray some WD40 on it and say there is nothing wrong with it.

I paid for a perfectly fine laptop and it is pretty expensive ultrabook which is probably even a first in Macedonia at this point and I want to have a brand new PERFECT notebook. So this is why I want to solve this in a higher leverl and not some local shop.

I'm also owner of a famous (english) blog/website which does reviews of notebooks and I wanted to do a review for this Lenovo which I bought for myself personally. Now if I don't get a flawless notebook I will be doing a negative review which I don't really want to do, but will probably do it if I'm unable to reach some higher support from Lenovo. I can rank my youtube videos very high for difficult terms and planned to do quite an impression with this notebook.

I tried opening a ticket on Lenovo's website, but it seems like Macedonia isn't in the list of countries so I'm unable to reach online support at Lenovo at this point.

Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 6 of 13

2014-04-18, 13:42 PM
I agree with indest, call the warranty department and report it immediately and get a case number.

You may also be able to spend some money to upgrade your warranty (although I'm not sure if it is possible in your area). I upgraded mine to include accidental damage coverage which I think would cover you if the screen breaks later.

You say "all the problems...". What other issues are you having?
Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2014-04-18, 13:46 PM

wrote:

The thing is that I do not want a repair. Why would I want repair done on a brand new laptop? This creaking noise from the left hinge was there right fromt he start.

(note: my experience is with Lenovo in the US so it may not match yours)

If the laptop has a serious defect right "out of the box" then Lenovo seems to be good about offering to exchange the machine for another one, but I think you need to report it right away. In the US, they even offer this for machines bought from the Outlet.

Have you called them and asked if this is an option in your situation?

Options

43 Posts

04-18-2014

Macedonia

47 Signins

252 Page Views

• Message 8 of 13

2014-04-18, 13:48 PM

I also have the flickering screen issue: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and/Yoga-2-Pro-Screen-Flickering-and-Screen-Blanking/m-p/1527062#M20365

I work with computers all my life, and I have sold many of them in our local shop, and I don't expect such issues on a brand new laptop. Especially not on a $1300+ notebook. This is unacceptable for me as this the first expensive laptop I bought for myself and I'm facing this. I have owned many lower class laptops from other brands and never had any problems. So I want this solved by replacing it with a brand new laptop without these issues as soon as possible. Anything less (like repair or so..) is completely out of the question.

And like I already mentioned the other problem is that I cannot seem to reach higher support. The country I reside in, Maceodonia, is not in the list of IBM and I cannot seem to open up a ticket. I will be recording that youtube video and ranking it high for the term: Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 Review on google and youtube and see if that will solve things. I don't see any other solution at this point.

Options

43 Posts

04-18-2014

Macedonia

47 Signins

252 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

2014-04-18, 13:53 PM

wrote:

wrote:

The thing is that I do not want a repair. Why would I want repair done on a brand new laptop? This creaking noise from the left hinge was there right fromt he start.

(note: my experience is with Lenovo in the US so it may not match yours)

If the laptop has a serious defect right "out of the box" then Lenovo seems to be good about offering to exchange the machine for another one, but I think you need to report it right away. In the US, they even offer this for machines bought from the Outlet.

Have you called them and asked if this is an option in your situation?

No I haven't called yet out of the same reason I mentioned. I have a local shop in my town here and I know where I have to send my laptop and how they work in Skopje - (the capital of Macedonia). They will probably just get it repaired with some cheap intervention. I want a new one without these issues.

I want to speak with some higher support form online and solve this with them. But I'm unable to create a support ticket online because I cannot choose Macedonia as country at that IBM site.

I'm so disapointed by all this inconvenience. Expected much better built quality from Lenovo at this price..

Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

2014-04-18, 14:02 PM
If the warranty site does not offer your country as an option, can you not call them? Or is that not supported either?

In my opinion, a phone call is a good option here anyway since you get immediate feedback (i.e. a case number with today's date attached to it that proves the issue happened immediately upon receipt). Personally, I think every day you wait will weaken your case.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)