Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

43 Posts

04-18-2014

Macedonia

47 Signins

252 Page Views

• Views: 252
  • Message 11 of 13

Re: Hearing a Cracking Sound on Brand New Yoga Pro 2?

2014-04-18, 14:12 PM

wrote:
If the warranty site does not offer your country as an option, can you not call them? Or is that not supported either?

In my opinion, a phone call is a good option here anyway since you get immediate feedback (i.e. a case number with today's date attached to it that proves the issue happened immediately upon receipt). Personally, I think every day you wait will weaken your case.

Yes there seems to be a phone support available for my country. I would've call them today, but it is a holiday in our country and the first day that they will be at work is in five days and I don't want to wait that long either.

But I doubt they will replace my notebook at all, because as I already said I know how things work around here. I waited for more than two weeks so they can get the Yoga Pro 2 i7 notebook in stock. It's not like they have this model in stock all of the time. And if they DO decide to replace it for me, I will probably have to wait that long again in order to get the new one which is totally unacceptable for me. I will be travelling in the following month again and I cannot go without my notebook on that business trip.

Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 12 of 13

2014-04-18, 14:25 PM
My experience with replacement is that Lenovo allowed me to keep the old one until the new one arrived - i.e. I had both laptops in my possession for a day.

I cannot guarantee they would do the same for you, of course, but I found they were pretty reasonable about this aspect of the replacement.
Options

43 Posts

04-18-2014

Macedonia

47 Signins

252 Page Views

• Views: 252
  • Message 13 of 13

2014-04-18, 14:33 PM
I sure hope so that will be the case. I really love this laptop (despite those high resolution problems in almost all software which is not exactly lenovo's fault) but my joy for it has been broken right from the start. I wanted to do a nice detailed review on both my macedonian website and english one, but now not that I'm not able to (timing reviews is important) I'm also forced to write a negative one which I really don't want to do. My website is not about that, I do generate income from it so I want to keep away from negative stuff. That is another problem for me because I do that for a living, now I cannot do a proper review for one of my best models I needed to publish on my website.

Thanks for your help grisjuan, I will call them on Tusday and see what happens. In the meantime I will start doing that review despite these flaws and see how it goes.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)