Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

01-02-2014

Canada

4 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 1 of 3

Help: Ideapad yoga in warranty repair for 4 weeks

2014-01-02, 18:59 PM

Hello:

While I have been happy with my Yoga, the touchscreen started acting up and after several failed suggestions on software fixes, I was asked to send my laptop in for repair. It has been there since Devcember 9th, coming up on 4 weeks and several calls later, I still can't get a firm date on when they can fix the problem. The lack of communication has been frustrating. Any help escalating this repair to someone who can expedite this would be great. I leave the country for 3 weeks next Thursday and would be very hard pressed to function without my laptop. I am in Canada.

Thanks.

Bharat

Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Help: Ideapad yoga in warranty repair for 4 weeks

2014-01-03, 13:15 PM

I'm not sure about Canada; however, in the US there seems to be a subcontractor that does the repair work (i.e. the "depot"). My experience with them matches yours that they aren't great at communicating status.

Maybe try calling the depot and asking for your case to be escalated to customer care? I've done that in the US and received a callback from Lenovo customer care in a day or two. Customer care seems to be staffed with Lenovo employees and is separate from the depot. I think they have more options to help resolve issues than the depot (my personal experience is that customer care employees are nice and helpful; however, it still usually takes a couple of conversations with them before things get done but I've been happy with their resolution).

Options

6 Posts

01-02-2014

Canada

4 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Help: Ideapad yoga in warranty repair for 4 weeks

2014-01-03, 16:39 PM

Thanks. I have escalated it, hope I get my computer back before I travel! intensely frustrating, never buying a Lenovo again.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms