cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmmaMichelle7
Paper Tape
Views: 101
Message 1 of 4

Help! New Lenovo Yoga 530 shuts down and restarts after lid is closed and awakened from sleep

Hi all

I am really hoping someone can help me. I am on my third Lenovo Yoga 530 in the last month. When I close the lid and then reopen it, say half an hour later, the laptop does not resume where I left off, but instead boots up as if I had turned it off. I have lost so much work due to this over the last month. The shop told me this was "just an issue with Windows 10 and it was hit or miss as to if I would get a replacement with the problem or not". Having tried 3 different new laptops, I don't know what to do and they won't replace it again.

Lenovo tell me they have never heard of this (Really?!) If anyone can help, I would be so grateful. 

Many thanks

Em 

EmmaMichelle7
Paper Tape
Views: 41
Message 2 of 4

Re: Help! New Lenovo Yoga 530 shuts down and restarts after lid is closed and awakened from sleep

Can anyone help? Lenovo? 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 37
Message 3 of 4

Re: Help! New Lenovo Yoga 530 shuts down and restarts after lid is closed and awakened from sleep

Hello and welcome,

Does it wake successfully if you open the lid a few minutes after closing it?

I don't have a similar machine, so this is a bit of a WAG, but if so it may be sleeping correctly but then attempting to hibernate after a set time.  That is failing for some reason - or hibernation isn't enabled.

Have a look around Power and Sleep settings - and additional settings - and see what the hibernation configuration is.  You might try toggling those settings to see if it makes a difference.

Also have a look at event viewer to see if there is some kind of error posted regarding sleep or hibernation.

Sorry I don't have something more concrete for you.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

EmmaMichelle7
Paper Tape
Views: 27
Message 4 of 4

Hey

Many thanks for your response. I have checked all the power settings, reset the BIOS, updated the drivers from the Lenovo website, updated the video drivers, to no avail.

It is very random - if you open the lid back up quick enough, then it tends to work. However, in general, the system will reboot from scratch and I will lose my work. Furthermore, when I press the "windows" then "sleep" button, i can't wake it up at all. It needs multiple very long presses on the power button to reboot it. 

I have launched the event viewer but to be honest I am not technically competent enough to be able to understand what they mean. 

This appears to be a very regular problem with laptops running Windows 10.

http://www.troublefixers.org/windows/fix-windows-10-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-or-turn-on-issue/166/

There are posts all over the net, but unfortunately none of the fixes have worked for me. I have had 3 new laptops in the last month and they have all done the same thing so this must be a major issue.  I can't understand how it is persisting? 

Best wishes and thanks

Em

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors