Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ryan_haze
Paper Tape
Views: 137
Message 1 of 3

Help, laptop has died.

So, not a hardware guy in the slightest I feel this is a hardware issue...

I have a Lenovo yoga 3, I was about to go to bed I put it down from a height of 1ft if that and the second it touched my bedside cabinet it went and died. No contact with oiquil or not a heavy landing (in my opinion thought)

I couldn't fathom it out, I though it was time for the bin. I found the cable was not attached properly into the socket so I plugged it in and like magic the battery light (white light in the side) has appeared and constantly on.

I press my power button and it sort of lights up like a half grey attempt, no fan noises or anything it just doesn't tick over.

Any advice you guys give me will be grand 

Cheers

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 100
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help, laptop has died.

Hi Ryan_haze,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I know if the cable that you're referring to is located internally on the laptop? Can you take a photo of the cable and at the same time the screen of your laptop when you power it on. 

You may also try to access the BIOS of your laptop to check if the display is working fine. Just follow the steps in the link below on how to access the BIOS.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Ryan_haze
Paper Tape
Views: 74
Message 3 of 3

Re: Help, laptop has died.

Hello thank you for getting back to me.

The screen doesn't even turn on so I can't access my BIOS. I have tried pressing the Novo and holding shift and the power on button.

I have attached 2 photos one of the external cable and the side of the laptop which is the confusion.

I am assuming it's not the wire because the battery light is constant white. 

I press the power button and it turns of for half a second at best but there is no sign of life because I can't even hear the fans power up.IMG_20180930_132347094.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors