NL

2 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 2

Horrible fan noise Lenovo Yoga 530-14ARR 81H9001PMH

2018-09-22, 12:58 PM

Hi,

I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 530 with an AMD5 processor. I had to send the first one back because I got a BSOD twice. I 've received a new one and unfortunately there's this one thing I can't overlook. The other one had this probleem too. Every 20 minutes or so, the laptop makes a horrible loud fan noise. Something you would not expect from a modern laptop (I think), it sounds like an airplane is taking off. When it happens I'm usually working in microsoft office or just browsing (or both), and when I'm at the library studying it sounds so loud I'm scared it will disturb others lol. 

Is there anything I can do to minimize the sound? I already looked around on the internet for tips but usually the descriptions of possible solutions are a bit complicated for me (I don't know a lot about laptops) and I'm also scared to mess up my laptop.

Any tips woud be very helpful. 

Kind regards, 

Mary

Options

1802 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4520 Signins

43521 Page Views

• Views: 43521
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Horrible fan noise Lenovo Yoga 530-14ARR 81H9001PMH

2018-09-22, 13:36 PM

Best thing is to figure out what's causing it. Use Task Manager when you hear it ramp up. Look for what's suddenly consuming CPU cycles and work from there. 

There are software solutions that can limit fan speed. I'm against using those as the fan is there to cool the CPU. Dealing with a loud fan beats dealing with a cooked CPU, IMO. 

There are also settings in Windows that'll limit the CPU thus reducing fan time.

Here's an article that covers most of the above: https://www.technorms.com/46600/regulate-cpu-usage-in-windows-10

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save