Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krmartel
Paper Tape
Views: 1,693
Message 1 of 2

How hard is the Yoga hinge replacement?

OK, posted yesterday about my Yoga 710 corner of the screen. I've determined that the left hinge is the culprit, so I am considering doing the hinge replacement myself to save money and time without my machine. I'm wondering if anyone has replaced the hinges, and if so, how difficult is it? In the manual (p. 56-7) it looks like I would need to remove a lot of the bits to change the hinges.

Manual: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/yoga_710-14isk_14ikb_15isk_15ikb_hmm_201605.pdf

But I also saw someone else say in an old posting somewhere that you don't need to do all of these steps.

Thanks for the help,

krm

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,677
Message 2 of 2

Re: How hard is the Yoga hinge replacement?

I have never seen the hinge itself fail.  On the ones I've seen the failure was the mounting point inside the lid.  To replace the lid, you need to remove everything.  From what I remember, the front cover should have enough room to come off with the screen attached, though you may need to loosen the hinge from the base on the other side.  Often, when I save time by skipping steps, it ends up taking longer.  Whatever you do, be sure to disconnect the battery before you start messing with the LCD cables

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors