cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GodAmongGeeks
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 5

How to access Yoga 700-11ISK Advanced Menu in Bios (insydeh20)

I had wanted to change the minimum amount of memory to my intel HD 515 graphics and make some other tweaks for gaming, and I turned off my laptop, pushed the novo button on the side, it booted up and I chose the Bios setup option. I started going through the menus and I HAD an advanced menu which gave me the graphics memory options, it had overclocking options, option to enable NFC, 3D Camera and a bunch of other stuff. I even showed to someone, so I was NOT hallucinating haha. I had decided to reboot and wait so I could google a lot of the options as I didn't understand some of the super-super advanced settings. When I went back to the bios, no advanced menu is present and I can NOT get it back. A lot of stuff says you CAN'T get it, but I DID. 

Anyone? Was it some super weird glitch or did I bump the right key combo? I did a google search and have found a few others that have also accidentally done this, including a screenshot of the SAME menu I got from another Lenovo user.

Hic Svnt Dracones!
i7_intel36U
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to access Yoga 700-11ISK Advanced Menu in Bios (insydeh20)

HI.

GodAmongGeeksSmiley Happy

It is possible that advanced bios settings, is or has been limited change modify something you could cause damage to the system,You could try again doing a bios update and see if Advanced mode, exit no exit lenovo has the grey bios.

Verify the operating system and that you do not have the same version of bios,use caution that does not cut the procedure:

BIOS Update for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Yoga 700-11ISK

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/ddcn25ww.exe

http://support.lenovo.com/es/es/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-700-11isk?

Regards.

Por favor ,marque la respuesta y así aportar a la Comunidad,al aceptar como solución
Estarás contribuyendo con otros usuarios que tengan la misma duda.
GodAmongGeeks
Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 5

I had the menu, then couldn't get it back after a single reboot, so it had nothing to do with a bios change. I also have the latest bios. From what I understand of insydeh20, it uses key combos to activate the advanced menu.  also have a little over 20 years iworking in the IT industry, so no problems with possibly damaging the notebook, I do know what I am doing. I just can NOT find out how to get back to that advanced menu. 

Hic Svnt Dracones!
GodAmongGeeks
Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 5

I wanted to post an update to have the info on the net, as I know other people are looking for the same thing.

I accidentally got into the Advanced/debug BIOS settings again. After doing a Windows update, I started having issues with Windows booting to a full desktop, and checked the BIOS settings, setting it back to setup mode, then tried a Windows reset, which crapped out, after a forced shutdown (holding power) I pushed the Nova button and it booted straight to the BIOS screen, no boot menu before, like usual.

The first menu was a debug menu, then configuration, advanced, power management, and that is all I remember. I had gone to power management as I have been getting very low USB power output, bit my system locked up on the first sub menu I enteted.

So, it IS possible to get to the advanced config. I had been playing mas effect 3, and others have said you need to launch directx, prior to a forced reboot to get into the advanced mode, so this kinda verifies it.

I haveno idea if the advanced configs are usable, or just a glitch showing Evey possible insydeh20 menu, even if they aren't mapped to any feature.

Hic Svnt Dracones!
virgosun
Token Ring
Message 5 of 5

This is Yoga 500-15IBD but not by a special key. What is your special key seuqence?

Top Kudoed Authors