Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aleks3008
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,225
Message 1 of 3

How to activate fresh WINDOWS 8 installation WITH UEFI KEY on YOGA 13

Hi,

I have Yoga 13 (i7, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD) with Windows 8 preinstalled. Few days a go my whole SSD was accidentally formatted after messing with Android for PC file (android-4.2.2_r1-ia3). Now there`s no partitions SSD, neither Recovery hidden partitions!!! I have`t done Recovery System Image on DVD or USB flash. All I have is some en_windows_8_x64_dvd_915440.iso from internet, but this Windows 8 installation already have license key (something like xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-and five more characters) which is wrong, and now I CANNOT ACTIVATE MY WINDOWS 8 because I don't now right LICENSE KEY which is in UEFI.

PLEASE, WHAT CAN I DO NOW? HOW TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 8 WITH UEFI key?

I can uninstall this wrong Windows 8 key, but after that nothing`s happened. Also, I can update to Windows 8.1 through Store, but the same situations is.

Thanks

Guru
Views: 3,209
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to activate fresh WINDOWS 8 installation WITH UEFI KEY on YOGA 13

It activates automatically. No need to worry.

In case it doesn't, open command prompt and type:

slmgr -ato

You can get the product key from the BIOS/UEFI using RWEverything by reading ACPI/MSDM table

Then in command prompt:

slmgr -ipk #####-#####-#####-#####-#####

slmgr -ato

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

aleks3008
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,165
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to activate fresh WINDOWS 8 installation WITH UEFI KEY on YOGA 13

Thank you Jonas.

New problem arises. I find product key with RWEverything but seem that now I have wrong Windows iso file. Upon installing product key  in command prompt after slmgr -ipk xxxxxxxxxxxx i find

Error: 0xC004F069 On a Computer running Microsoft Windows non-code edition, run slui.exe 0x2a 0xC004F069 to display the error text 

Please, how can I now which Windows 8 version was preinstalled in my Yoga 13. All I now is that it was Windows 8 (non Pro neither Enterprise).

Thanks again

Alex

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors