Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 3 (218 Views)

How to change Boot device order to enable install of OS from CD/DVD?

Yoga 3 Pro P1370

I have an external USB CD/DVD drive.  I would like to from YOGA "OFF", boot to this drive. 

From YOGA "OFF" tried the tiny button (pused with pencil point), choose boot menu, this is using "windows boot mgr.", it said to use the "UP & Down" arrows to, change then press <enter>

The up & down arrows offered NO  other choices than what was already there.

So from off how do i boot to the CD/DVD plugged into the USB port?

Thanks

Community Moderator
Message 2 of 3 (213 Views)

Re: How to change Boot device order to enable install of OS from CD/DVD?

Hi,

First go to BIOS setup and turn off secure boot.  If that doesn't do it, switch the boot mode from UEFI to legacy.

What's on the CD you're trying to boot?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 3 (208 Views)

Re: How to change Boot device order to enable install of OS from CD/DVD?

Thanks for the quick response!

My wife makes periodic "full backsups" Macrium Reflect, to ext hdd.  The linux rescue cd from MR, would need to be accessed, so as to point/ retrieve, the backup set from ext hdd.  In order to do complete restore.

NOTE:  From Yoga "Off" pushing small button, allows choice of boot menu, but only one choice exists!  UP & Down arrows, offer NO Choices.  Default is windows boot mgr. 

Note after restore, I guess it would be back to bios & change "legacy" to previous, to help insure security etc, of UAEI, or whatever that acrynom is

Top kudoed Authors