cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 24,694

Question

I changed my Microsoft account password so a family member could look at my computer, but was intending to change it back to the old one so they wouldn't be able to access it whenever they wanted.

As I was changing it back it said I was not allowed to use a password that had been already used. However I really want to use that password again because I don't like having more than a handful of passwords.

Is there any way around this that will let me use my old password again?

Answer

As part of Microsoft's security feature, you may have to execute a change of passwords for at least five times before you can reuse the old password. Just a simple fix for your case.

Below are the steps about changing password.

For Windows 8 systems

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen or use your mouse to hover over the lower right of your screen to bring up the side bar, tap/ click Settings, and then tap/ click Change PC settings.

pw.jpg

2. Tap/ click Accounts on the left, and then tap or click Sign-in optionspw2.jpg

3. Tap or click Change your password >> Password and type in your current password, followed by a new password.

pw3.jpg

pw4.jpg

For Windows 7 systems

Click on the Start button and go to Control Panel.

Go to User Accounts and Family Safety and click on Change your Windows password.
Key in your current password and new passwords.

For all systems connected to a domain, to execute a password change, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, tap/ click on Change a password.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
Albert-kipkoech

how do i activate my windows its has given me some problems when i try to activate it its tells me its unable try later what must the problem