cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gusssss
Paper Tape
Views: 448
Message 1 of 9

How to downgrade / rollback BIOS on yoga 920? Fans went crazy.

Hi, after the lastest bios update  5NCN41WW, my fans seeem to be almost always on and the computer gets really hot. 

When i try to install an older bios, i get an error saying its a previous version.

how can i downgrade?

thank you!

Guru
Views: 403
Message 2 of 9

Re: How to downgrade / rollback BIOS on yoga 920? Fans went crazy.

Inside the BIOS, there might be a BIOS flash back option that you'll need to check off. Let me know if you see this.

Happy holidays by the way!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Guru
Views: 394
Message 3 of 9

I'd recommend trying this first: Right click the battery icon in the taskbar, go to change power options, change plan settings, change advanced power settings, go to processor power management, system cooling policy, and see if they're set to "active". If it is, set it to passive. Let me know what happens.
Gusssss
Paper Tape
Views: 389
Message 4 of 9

Thank you! But processor power managment doesn't show up as an option in advanced power settings.
https://ibb.co/9nyfZDd
Gusssss
Paper Tape
Views: 389
Message 5 of 9

I cannot find this option in the bios to "downgrade bios" anywhere, are you sure its there?

Guru
Views: 383
Message 6 of 9

That's very odd, the options should be there but I can see in the picture that it's missing. It might be controlled by some other software. Try checking around for any "cooling" or "fan" settings.

If you can't find anything, then your fan settings might be controlled within your BIOS, might want to check there.
Bajo
Punch Card
Views: 297
Message 7 of 9

I'm preparing to do this BIOS update. Did you ever get this issue resolved?

NovaFlow
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 8 of 9

Hey there do you still have the old bios download or file. i can walk you step by step with rolling it back. because i need to do the same.

Bajo
Punch Card
Views: 88
Message 9 of 9

I have the file for 38 and 41. Is that what you need?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors