cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oxxxide
Fanfold Paper
Views: 608
Message 1 of 3

How to enable Chiral Scrolling on 900S ?

I seem the touch pad driver of Lenovo 900S supports only the two fingers type for a scrolling function.

This is very awkward to use for me.  I thnk the original Synaptics touchpad driver supports Chiral Scrolling.
Why did Lenovo omit the Chiral Scrolling?

kkthxby3
What's DOS?
Views: 522
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to enable Chiral Scrolling on 900S ?

This is an issue with every Windows 10 laptop.  I've been wanting a new laptop but everything is running that Windows 10 which doesn't seem to want to support chiral scroll. 

I returned the last Windows 10 laptop I bought due to the lack of chiral scroll.  There were privacy issues (with Windows 10 and Toshiba), driver crashes, and a ton of other issues resulting from Windows 10, but I was willing to tolerate all that except for the lack of a chiral scroll. 

I've seen some posts on this forum about getting chiral scroll to work on the 900 using an out/up-dated driver but nothing that has been confirmed...  Which is why I'm hesitent to buy the 900s (at least from Lenovo's 15% restocking fee site, Best Buy been sold out of the m7 900s). 

The only laptop I've seen that has chiral scroll is the Razer Blade Stealth.  Sadly, that laptop has some 4 hour battery life with the 4k, 512GB model.  So no thanks.  =(

But can we get a response from Lenovo about chiral scroll?  Ideally when a patch will be released to bring chiral scroll back.  There is just no excuse for such a feature being removed. 

oxxxide
Fanfold Paper
Views: 510
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to enable Chiral Scrolling on 900S ?

Thanks for your reply. I informed Lenovo's support team about the issue. But I got only a curt answer. They too don't know why Chiral Scrolling has been omitted.
Top Kudoed Authors