Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benzhou1
Paper Tape
Views: 16,596
Message 1 of 8

How to replace Yoga 13 battery?

Hello,

I received by Yoga 13 about a week ago. I was just wondering how do I replace my battery since it is seeled. I notice that there is a warrenty on the battery where lenovo will replace it for you if you mail it to them, but it is only for one year.  Would it be cheaper to extend my warrenty or buy a battery and replace it myself? What do you guys think?

tdwindustries
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,540
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to replace Yoga 13 battery?

What a weird question, what about if the keyboard breaks? Or the hard disk? the point is the battery has a long life
tdwindustries
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,539
Message 3 of 8

No offence intended by the way
rzp2003
HDMI
Views: 16,495
Message 4 of 8

it is not easy to replace the battery yourself. If the Macbook Air is an example, you have to send it to lenovo for replacement.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook-air/macbook-air-faq/macbook-air-battery-replacement-in...

benzhou1
Paper Tape
Views: 16,463
Message 5 of 8

I guess the reason I ask is because I am thinking long term. Eventually the battery life will be no good in like several years. But the warranty is only good for a year. I would imagine that replacing the battery would be difficult but is it worth it if it is cheaper than extending my warranty. It seems like for the mac, all you have to do is take out the screws and replace the battery which isn't too bad at all vs paying (according to the article) $129. For apple, they have an apple store but for Lenovo we have to ship it back to them which will take a while. At this point I have no idea how much a new battery will cost but I assume it cheaper than sending it back to Lenovo. Also does anyone know if replacing the battery for Yoga is as easy as it is for the mac?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 16,454
Message 6 of 8

Good afternoon.

Welcome to the community.

You may wish to have a look at the Yoga 13's Hardware Maintenance Manual to see the procedure for removing/replacing the main battery. Pages 33-38 show the required steps. Please do note, though, that the battery is not considered a CRU (customer replacement unit), so if anything untoward were to happen while the machine was open, warranty repair might be refused.

Hope this helps.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

worthmining
Paper Tape
Views: 16,243
Message 7 of 8

The original question still stands though, me too just received a refurbished yoga 13 a week ago, the battery now at a full charge shows only 3.x hours, this makes wonder if the wear out demands a battery replacement? I have no desire to shop an aftermarket and do CRU, especially since this is still under warranty though refurbished should still have a reasonable "wear" on the battery. Please advise.
Former Administrator
Views: 13,325
Message 8 of 8

The run time indicated is going to be dependent upon the remaining capacity of the battery as well as the power profile selected.  If max performance is selected, run time might be reduced.

I don't think service would view a 3 hour run time as a sign of a worn out battery.  You could download and use a 3rd party utility to check design capacity vs remaining full charge capacity of the battery.  If FC were < 50% of design and the system was less than a year old, it might be reasonable to consider the wear on the battery.

Mark

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors